Is anyone else experiencing this Presentation Mode bug?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Division Monarchy

Is anyone else experiencing this Presentation Mode bug?

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:37 am

When I add objects to the Presentation Mode, and through the patch inspector I check the box to Open In Presentation, then Save, the objects still don't appear in the Live window. When I go back into M4L those objects are not visible in the Presentation Mode, yet from Patch Mode if I select them it still gives me the option to Remove From Presentation... This makes no sense.

I'm using OSX 10.10.5
Live 9.2.2
M4L 7.0.6

doubleUG

Re: Is anyone else experiencing this Presentation Mode bug?

Post by doubleUG » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:37 am

"Open in Presentation" is for the hole patcher. Select the object, go to the inspector, set it to "Inculde in Presentation", switch to Presentation mode and move the object where you want it (left up).

hope it helps.

ps "Open in Presentation" for the Patcher must be checked also
copy the text, open Live > drag in empty M4L device > open Max editor > paste > save M4L device
https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignett ... ng_patches

https://doubleUG.bandcamp.com/releases

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:17 pm

That's the issue I am having. I select my objects to add to Presentation and arrange them in the Presentation view, and in the Patch inspector I check the box and save, but it doesn't show up. When I recall the device it is empty.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Division Monarchy wrote:That's the issue I am having. I select my objects to add to Presentation and arrange them in the Presentation view, and in the Patch inspector I check the box and save, but it doesn't show up. When I recall the device it is empty.
That's because you have to add all of those objects to the presentation view. They should have a colored box surrounding them in edit mode if you have successfully added them to presentation mode.

Not a bug.
Unsound Designer

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 pm

I have stated previously that those objects have been added to the Presentation Mode. If they were not, then why when I am in Patch mode give me the option not to add them, but to removed them from Presentation?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Division Monarchy wrote:I have stated previously that those objects have been added to the Presentation Mode. If they were not, then why when I am in Patch mode give me the option not to add them, but to removed them from Presentation?
So in patching mode you have selected the objects and chosen the Add to Presentation command in the tool bar and they're still not showing when you go into Presentation Mode?
Unsound Designer

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Just confirmed with Cycling 74 support that there is a bug with the BEAP devices displaying correctly in Presentation mode. So although I am at the bottom of the learning curve here, my suspicions are correct.

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:56 pm

The good news is that this is only happening with the BEAP objects.

The bad news is that as someone trying to learn this program, those BEAP devices seemed like a great start.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Ah ok, that makes a difference.

BEAP is start at learning virtual modular synthesis. You could learn to put BEAP modules together without ever actually using Max as a programming language.

In other words learning BEAP is not necessarily learning Max.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Now if you were to open up the BEAP bpatchers themselves to see how they work then you would be learning how actual Max programming works. Hope that makes sense.
Unsound Designer

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 pm

That makes a lot of sense actually... Maybe in the meantime I'll try to study how the BEAP devices are put together... Still kind of disappointed though because sometimes I just want to make some music instead of study :| C'est la vie...

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 am

Not at a computer right now, but you may be able to use the "Embed in parent patcher option".

Just right click a beap module, open the inspector, and look for the embed option, check it, then save.