Mouse clicks not working when Push is on

Discuss Push with other users.
jamf472

Mouse clicks not working when Push is on

Post by jamf472 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 am

Hi guys,

Just intrduced Push into my set-up... when Push is on and Ableton is running, clicking the mouse doesn't seem to be working within Ableton and the OS. Is this supposed to be happening? If so, is there a setting I can change to enable clicks? The cursor moves with the mouse, but clicks do not register.

I'm running OSX 10.9.5.

Many thanks

James :-)
Last edited by jamf472 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Re: Mouse clicks not working on when Push is on

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:18 am

No that's not normal. This only happens with Push connected and not anything else? If your mouse USB based?

jamf472

Post by jamf472 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi, yes it's only happening when Push is on and Ableton is running. If I turn Push off, then mouse clicks work again. The mouse is connected via USB... any ideas on what I can do to try and fix this?

Thank you! :-)

thekillingtree

Post by thekillingtree » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 pm

jamf472 wrote:Hi, yes it's only happening when Push is on and Ableton is running. If I turn Push off, then mouse clicks work again. The mouse is connected via USB... any ideas on what I can do to try and fix this?

Thank you! :-)
I have a wireless mouse that stops working when I use one of my external hard drives when they're both plugged into the same usb section on my pc. I ended up getting a 1 to 4 usb adapter and it seemed to solve my problem. I'm not sure if it's pulling too little power or what (which is weird 'cause it's a beast of a machine). While I didn't have this problem with my push, I think a similar thing could be happening to you.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 am

jamf472 wrote:Hi, yes it's only happening when Push is on and Ableton is running. If I turn Push off, then mouse clicks work again. The mouse is connected via USB... any ideas on what I can do to try and fix this?
Describe all your USB connections, please. It's likely this is a power issue.
Make some music!