Push out of stock @ Ableton

Discuss Push with other users.
Morn

Push out of stock @ Ableton

Post by Morn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I wonder if this means new hardware around the corner?!?
Or perhaps Push has been unavailable in the past and this means nothing at all?!?

Morn

Re: Push out of stock @ Ableton

Post by Morn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 pm

At least it's not available at Ableton Germany. But since this is their home base it could mean something?
Or nothing. Well. ;)

igneous

Post by igneous » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 am

Since the moment they announced the Loop summit it's been highly likely bordering obvious that they would announce a new product. 3+ years since the original Push, and now setting up a company event on new music making just before the holidays... I'm amazed I haven't heard more people talking about it. This tidbit just adds to the likelihood.

Lifer

Post by Lifer » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:40 pm

I hear V2 is coming in November :D
v exciting..

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 pm

as a person who never buys a version #1 of anything I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you guinea pigs for working out all the kinks of version #1 .
Especially those who ran into weird invisible walls and then beat their foreheads bloody while screaming "Why can't they even acknowledge it's a problem, just a small word of acknowledgement, that's all I ask. Just a simple 'yes, we know, you are correct, its weird, sorry, nothing we can do' . but nothing. nothing!!! " .

For all of you martyrs who tried hacking XML just to to get your presets up out of the cellar. For all of you left injured on the battlefield of odd mappings and saw your cries for help ignored, for all the fallen heroes who were lost in skirmishes and whose names live on now only in necrobumps and memes which frankly only make sense to about 5 people on here. To those broken keyboard warriors, I salute you.

And now, as we sit here on this proud day just waiting for the obvious Push version 2 announcement, you should know that we think of you, and we will silently intone your names when Ableton announce that the "focus of Push 2 is on Loop packs and Big Name DJ sponsored content". And our cheeks will be salty with tears as we say "oh fucking hell, they've fucking fucked us again"

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:08 pm

:lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:13 pm

:lol: oh snap

login

Post by login » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Angstrom wrote:as a person who never buys a version #1 of anything I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you guinea pigs for working out all the kinks of version #1 .
Especially those who ran into weird invisible walls and then beat their foreheads bloody while screaming "Why can't they even acknowledge it's a problem, just a small word of acknowledgement, that's all I ask. Just a simple 'yes, we know, you are correct, its weird, sorry, nothing we can do' . but nothing. nothing!!! " .

For all of you martyrs who tried hacking XML just to to get your presets up out of the cellar. For all of you left injured on the battlefield of odd mappings and saw your cries for help ignored, for all the fallen heroes who were lost in skirmishes and whose names live on now only in necrobumps and memes which frankly only make sense to about 5 people on here. To those broken keyboard warriors, I salute you.

And now, as we sit here on this proud day just waiting for the obvious Push version 2 announcement, you should know that we think of you, and we will silently intone your names when Ableton announce that the "focus of Push 2 is on Loop packs and Big Name DJ sponsored content". And our cheeks will be salty with tears as we say "oh fucking hell, they've fucking fucked us again"
You need hug? so much hate inside you

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 pm

No hate, I just don't buy version ones.
There's simply no way to make a version one of anything function totally right, because it's the first time all components come together - the teams, the code, the supply lines. It's like virgin sex.

Push came out fantastically well for a first product, and it probably benefited a good amount from them working closely with AKAI on the APC I bet. Also the team in place did remarkably well. A very very good version one.

But still, I never buy version one.
Even the team members themselves will surely have been saying to themselves "I told you that X was going to fuck up but you didn't believe me well now look. You can see what I mean on the actual product". Do you think that the Push dev team are content with Live9's poly aftertouch implementation, or the browser / sample browsing integration?
Doubtful.

And that's where a version 2 comes in. Version 2 of anything.
All the team members can now see what all the other team members were trying to say. "Oh I see what you mean now about X feature being Y, so why don't we do Z instead"

In version 2 you get the fixes, you get the configurable things, you get the amazing idea they realised they could do once the basics were in place, you get the benefit of all that groundwork.

So an honest thanks to everyone who developed for and bought the first one.
Without #1 there is no #2
It's just I have an aversion to all #1s, I get annoyed too easily.

Lifer

Post by Lifer » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:28 pm

Word

login

Post by login » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 am

Angstrom wrote:No hate, I just don't buy version ones.
There's simply no way to make a version one of anything function totally right, because it's the first time all components come together - the teams, the code, the supply lines. It's like virgin sex.

Push came out fantastically well for a first product, and it probably benefited a good amount from them working closely with AKAI on the APC I bet. Also the team in place did remarkably well. A very very good version one.

But still, I never buy version one.
Even the team members themselves will surely have been saying to themselves "I told you that X was going to fuck up but you didn't believe me well now look. You can see what I mean on the actual product". Do you think that the Push dev team are content with Live9's poly aftertouch implementation, or the browser / sample browsing integration?
Doubtful.

And that's where a version 2 comes in. Version 2 of anything.
All the team members can now see what all the other team members were trying to say. "Oh I see what you mean now about X feature being Y, so why don't we do Z instead"

In version 2 you get the fixes, you get the configurable things, you get the amazing idea they realised they could do once the basics were in place, you get the benefit of all that groundwork.

So an honest thanks to everyone who developed for and bought the first one.
Without #1 there is no #2
It's just I have an aversion to all #1s, I get annoyed too easily.
Kind of agree, but your post seemed like pissing over people who bougth it.

Nevermind, I hope Ableton next product is something different and not a new version of Push, I would like a "keyboard version" or a controlling for mixing.

Lifer

Post by Lifer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:24 am

login wrote: Nevermind, I hope Ableton next product is something different and not a new version of Push, I would like a "keyboard version" or a controlling for mixing.
[/quote]

You're gonna be pissed next month then :D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:41 am

login wrote: Kind of agree, but your post seemed like pissing over people who bougth it.

Nevermind, I hope Ableton next product is something different and not a new version of Push, I would like a "keyboard version" or a controlling for mixing.
Nah, not pissing over them. Pretty much 95% of people who bought Push V1 seem to have really loved it even with the omissions and foibles. For those they have found ways around it, community mappings, decompiling the _Generic.py etc. For all of those people its been a worthwhile investment of time and money. Value is very much personally derived.

For me I'd not have felt that value. For me the value comes from having those people feel invested enough, in love enough to have beaten on Ableton's doors and windows while screaming "sort this out!"

I've done that myself with Ableton and it's not much fun repeating the same words to a wall. It's not fun at all. It makes a person doubt their time is being spent well.

But I am very grateful that people other than me took up the crusaders banner with this particular product.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 am

Im kinda hoping that whatever version 2 brings, that it will also compliment version 1 and not make it totally redundant, so rather than having to think hard about when/how i could afford to replace version 1 with version 2 (or if I'm thinking that then i will be looking at what else is out there for the money) version 2 will add to a setup that already has version 1 included.

Keep thinking about buying PXT, but may as well wait for now and see what version 2 actually has for features.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Assuming something does get announced in the near future, wasn't it months between announcement and delivery with the original Push? Like, 7 months or something? I like shiny things....