Eventide Anthology X

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crystalmsc

Eventide Anthology X

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Another amazing bundle from Eventide, the Anthology X!

https://youtu.be/t_nvMQ0IW0Q

This is the answer for the Soundtoys 5! 8)
Last edited by crystalmsc on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Division Monarchy

Re: Eventide

Post by Division Monarchy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Looks nice. If they ditched iLok I would consider buying it.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:50 pm

It can be used without an iLok dongle, but it requires an iLok account.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:27 pm

One thing I like about this forum is the lack of advertisements.

So, take a hike, yeah?

:evil:
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 am

Hey, I like to share early news of some great stuffs which is just a normal thing. If you have a problem with that, just simply leave.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:54 am

crystalmsc wrote:Hey, I like to share early news of some great stuffs which is just a normal thing. If you have a problem with that, just simply leave.
Well said I'm always going in forums and posing about new or old plugins I'm excited about. If people didn't post about plugins they liked we would all be stuck using mainly DAW plugins that mostly tend not to be as good as ones another company as dedicated a full year to.

I just got Soundtoys 5 its friken great. I also have eventide Blackhole a fantastic reverb. Keep your eye on KVR forum companies like Eventide and Soundtoys tend to post limited time freebies in there or fans do it.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:15 am

Yes, I always enjoy when people are discussing new and exciting stuff, it's one of the main reason I keep visiting forums.

I own Soundtoys 5 as well and the H3000 Factory. Would like to hear the comparison between the two bundle. Pity that it didn't include Blackhole and didn't have a rack system.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:58 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Yes, I always enjoy when people are discussing new and exciting stuff, it's one of the main reason I keep visiting forums.
Please do discuss this product. We want your thoughts and reflections, not necessarily the release photos we can see on the site.

Eventide, ehh?
Make some music!

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 am

mholloway wrote:One thing I like about this forum is the lack of advertisements.

So, take a hike, yeah?

:evil:
Advertisement? It's just a thread about some plugins.

So… STFU, yeah?
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:21 am

(Although I don't understand the need for the picture in the OP)
Unsound Designer

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:00 am

Ok, picture removed. I'm excited about this because as we know someone from Eventide is behind Soundtoys. Shortly after they released Soundtoys 5, the Anthology X came, as if it was a direct answer. For some people it's better than the Soundtoys 5, and for some the other way. I'd like to hear more thought about it, as well as the opinion about the bundle itself.

XSIMan

Re: Eventide Anthology X

Post by XSIMan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 am

Eventide are great but last few years they have been doing a lot of re releasing old plugins with the same old out of date cheap looking GUIs and they tend to like releasing just one algo from their hard ware units. They are still great though.

I prefair Soundtoys over Eventide but Soundtoys don't make a reverb so I do have Eventide Blackhole and Valhalla DSP. I prefair Slate Digital for EQ and Compression. all keep your eye on Cytomic anything he makes is perfect he has the best filter in the universe and his SSL compressor is great it's also included in Live 9 standard renamed to Glue. he had a hand in Live 9s new EQ Eight.

crystalmsc

Re: Eventide Anthology X

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:03 am

Yes, they could use a more modern interface. The H3000 Factory has the dual 910 preset, which made me think that a dedicated 910 plugin was not that necessary, but may be there's something about the vintage interface or sound character. It's going to be cooler if the next update would bring a rack with modulation and the ability to load VSTs like Magma. I'd like to see the development of Magma too, if they put something like the innerspace it's going to be a fresh new update.

I like Cytomic stuff and hopefully the drop will be included in the next live release. Didn't care too much about Omnipressor before since it was kinda included in the Ultra Channel, but it's actually different on it's own that made it more interesting now. To me Ultravox is the most interesting one right after the H3000 band delay and Ultra Reverb, great to see some stuff from the H8000. I think it's complimenting the Soundtoys 5 nicely.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:06 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Yes, I always enjoy when people are discussing new and exciting stuff, it's one of the main reason I keep visiting forums.

I own Soundtoys 5 as well and the H3000 Factory. Would like to hear the comparison between the two bundle. Pity that it didn't include Blackhole and didn't have a rack system.
I like to hear from people use it as opposed to reviews.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm

stringtapper wrote:(Although I don't understand the need for the picture in the OP)
So people know what it is. Sometimes a GUI attracts users.