NI Komplete Control - 3rd party plugs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wildcon

NI Komplete Control - 3rd party plugs

Post by wildcon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi There,

I've updated my Komplete Control software, which supports 3rd Party Plug-ins (uh-he being an example)

I can see they have been scanned but don't appear in the browser images or device names in the plug in

Anyone been successful in accessing 3rd party plugs from within Kontrol?

Thanks
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

beats me

Re: NI Komplete Control - 3rd party plugs

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Haven’t tried it yet but I’m wondering if for the advertised supported third party plugins you have to download an update from the plugin developer or is it baked into Kontrol? When more third party plugins add support what is the process? I’m sure something is going to have to be updated. They aren’t just going to magically appear. What happens when you manually map a third party plugin that is later added to the officially supported list?

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:57 pm

The developers need to update their software to get it to work. So far, I know that Arturia did this two days ago and is now integrated. If you don't install the update though, it will still only work as it did before, without NKS. U-he supposedly fixed in Nov 2015.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for the responses. Looked like I jumped the gun and not all the advertised suppliers are ready yet!

Here's the list (disappointed about no uh-he Zebra :( )

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... eries/nks/

Cheers
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:21 pm

I bit the bullet on the Arturia collection, and it works great with Komplete Kontrol and my S-25. Maschine isn't ready yet, but it is coming with 2.4 (now in beta final testing).

U-he says Zebra is next on the list after Diva...

No word from Sylenth1 (and I asked...)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 pm

I think one of the problems is, while we’d like the quickest way to dial in the sound we want, developers don’t seem to be interested in that and want to add all the bells and whistles and add some of their own bells and whistles to give them the edge. Trying to map all that mess isn’t easy.