Push 2 coming soon?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bwax

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by bwax » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:06 pm

login wrote:
bwax wrote: What I would love is a keyboard product that complements Push with the same weight, black color, minimal lines, etc.

49 quality keys. Maybe a better LCD. Same knob style, but 4 on top and 4 directly below, like Racks. Touch strips. USB powered.

A set of 16 Push-style buttons across the top for step-sequencing drums and melodies, etc. Ability to hold down one of those buttons, hit a key on the keyboard, and it places that note in the sequence.

No faders please! No goofy XY touchpad please!

But that's just my personal wishlist. :D
Exactly my dream too, but with the XY pad to use tha XY pad Ableton puts on all VST's config view.
Oops, yeah, meant to say replace the xy pad concept with a joystick like Analog Keys. Just seems a bit sturdier to me than the usual dodgy xy pad on old MIDI controllers. But if it's Ableton themselves making the keyboard, maybe the xy pad would actually work properly?

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Push + linnstrument =no need for push 2
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

circuitslave

Post by circuitslave » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:05 am

v00d00ppl wrote:Push + linnstrument =no need for push 2

Practicality and economy and affordability vs niche boutique technology = need for push 2 eventuality :P

graphixsounds

Post by graphixsounds » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:11 am

wish it had wireless midi ala ROLI seaboard rise

graphixsounds

Post by graphixsounds » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:18 am

hoping its a little smaller

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:57 pm

Will it play my old 78s?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:38 pm

apparently the audio interface is not a real thing.
Description:

Build and finish well beyond the original, with a very high quality multicolor screen who's content adapts based on context, the new Ableton Push 2 has 8 very precise sensitive encoders to control the mixer, the instruments, and navigation.

Specifications:
- Push 2 controller
- Build and finish well beyond the original version
- Very high quality multicolor screen who's content adapts based on context
- 8 very precise sensitive encoders to control the mixer, the instruments, and navigation.
- Backlit function buttons, relocated for greater comfort
- 64 backlit pads with exceptional touch sensitivity
- Joint release with Ableton Live 9.5 (free upgrade)
- Play or step-sequence rhythms, melodies, chords, and automation
- New sampling workflow: chop, play, and manipulate your samples directly with Push
- Universal power supply, ...
- Usb cable
- Quickstart guide

699,00 €
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

I was on the fence but the mention of the USB cable swung it for me. :wink:

but the mention of L9.5 is interesting. That's a big jump up from the current Beta of 9.2.3 b4
so I assume there's some funky new features in there. Tell me it's a new browser, Tell me it's a new browser!

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:56 pm

I tend to shy away when software companies start coming out with hardware. The result is it being a doorstop withing a few years. I know that USB unit for Reason is no longer manufactured. NI is the exception. I remember Echo Audio created drivers that worked on all of the PCI cards. People got a lot of use out discontinued hardware. Hopefully that will be the same for Push 1. Otherwise you won't have a lot of consumer confidence especially when these things are not cheap.

I saw a used Push in the local Guitar Center for around $380. That means the person let it got for $190.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:11 pm

If one already has a Push, I don't see anything there that is absolutely necessary.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:15 pm

It's a bit daft to start making assumptions based on a blurry image and a half-baked bulletpoint list.

I'm betting there's more to this than just a new screen and USB cable.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Big meh and that they ask even 200€ more than MK1 is just stupid.

Well at least it should leave the prices for Push MK1 on Ebay in a decent range.

I think I'm gonna sell mine soon. Hope it will still fetch around 400€ when I throw in all the NativeKontrol scripts I have for it.
It's was a nice idea, but in the end I want something that I can adapt to my needs, and the lack of a Midi editor makes that really f...ing difficult :x

But what's that nonsense with "Better build quality". That's really the only thing I never had a single complaint about. (except maybe that thing being so g... damn heavy :x )

igneous

Post by igneous » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:29 pm

If one already has a Push, I don't see anything there that is absolutely necessary.
Though I've elsewhere argued for the need for more hardware innovation, I'm on second thought actually glad that Push v1 owners may be able to get some sweet new features from the free 9.5 (the new sample chopping abilities) without missing out on anything other than a screen. In other words, good hardware support.

Though I lament that it looks like the new sampling workflow doesn't incorporate recording.