Live 9.5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
andy_cytomic

Re: Live 9.5

Post by andy_cytomic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Angstrom wrote: An additional filter question, but one which is probably outside the area in which you can comment.

Was there any talk of providing the HD versions of the MS2, SMP, OS2 and PRD in a render-time mode?
Obviously the primary intention with Live is real-time low CPU resource conservation, but has there been any discussion on a dynamic mode-switching for offline renders? So we'd hear MD in realtime and then HD on a render.
This is still an open area of discussion and could be a possibility in the future, but may not even be needed once the new MD filters are in place. The biggest gain in terms of tone would be supporting oversampling and possibly higher oversampling rates on render, this is what I support in The Drop and what I would love to see in Live.
The Glue, The Drop, The Scream - https://www.cytomic.com

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:29 pm

...@those who already updated: are there any differences in cpu consumption in 9.5 vs. 9.2?...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:34 pm

OK device update has come. So any fundamental workflow improvements except eye candy?

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:35 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...@those who already updated: are there any differences in cpu consumption in 9.5 vs. 9.2?...

Not much really. I am on a 2014 MBP i7 with 16GB ram.

Dear Ableton HQ. Thanks for this update. I like the quick and dirty slicing workflow of simpler now. I will still use an audio editor to fine tune my slices for other programs, but this quick and dirty approach lets me decide if I should even be messing with this loop at all. Cheers! :D
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Danny_DJ

Post by Danny_DJ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm

does the auto update work for anyone from 9.2.3 to 9.5? or does it have to be manually (including looking for all the updated packs?)

daddytang

Post by daddytang » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 pm

I dont really need any of these updates. what i need is layered midi editing. maybe Live 10.

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Really like the looks of the new M4L devices. Especially Arp.

Was hoping to read about some new API/LOM stuff, but things still look pretty cool all around.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:06 pm

ShelLuser wrote:The only thing I'm not too keen about is that clips now automatically get the same color as the track they're on. I don't like that bit at all because in the session view I more than often record different takes (either variations or just different takes) which I can then try out with my main material. The different clip colors help me to keep track of these different ideas. Once I have more material I like I then usually color them based on similarity and such.

I really hope that we'll eventually get some kind of preference setting to turn this behavior on or off.
Same here, although random mode has its weaknesses too, like when the new clip gets coloured almost the same as the previous one. It would be nice if each new clip would get a different shade of the track colour. Also, I would like a more limited palette, with pastel colours - would look much better than the current oversaturated ones.
daddytang wrote:I dont really need any of these updates. what i need is layered midi editing. maybe Live 10.
Yes! Patiently waiting 10 years now. ;) Remember to register at Ableton's Centercode site and vote! (separate Centercode account needs to be created) https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 6EEAB3263A

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:
Yes! Patiently waiting 10 years now. ;) Remember to register at Ableton's Centercode site and vote! (separate Centercode account needs to be created) https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 6EEAB3263A
Sry, smoother waveform won the competition 8)

foxymethoxy

Post by foxymethoxy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Good update overall, the filters are great and I've been hoping they'd update them for a while.

For those that ask - no it doesn't auto-update.

My only gripe is the removal of the "No Color" option. The "No Color" option for the Disco theme looked great and there doesn't seem to be a replacement of this in the (horrible) color selector. I would like more shades of grey, darker colors with white text, etc. rather than neon-barf.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 pm

sweetjesus wrote:I sat down with Gerhard and asked for warp mode in Simpler and Sampler about 7 or 8 years ago and he said it will never happen! I'm glad to see this is happening (yay).

Next up, I hope they add the ability to add hot keys/midi triggers to warp marker points.
Uh... Welcome back, mate... :lol:

fredkraut

Post by fredkraut » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 pm

i can´t find the new drum kits. anybody?

stereospread

Post by stereospread » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:00 pm

We are loving this update so far :)
Seems to load faster and more fun stuff to toy with.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 pm

stereospread wrote:We are
we? who are you?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Link just provides timing info, it's not for audio data. Basically anyone can join in a session, and they are atuomatically synced and clips will launch on the same "1" downbeat for everyone. In addition, anyone can change the tempo and everyone follows, and you can leave or join a session at any time without interupting everyone else's timing.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com