Push 2 coming soon?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Buleriachk

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:25 pm

thekillingtree wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote:While messing around trying to get my card to work with Ableton's site...it just went out of stock. Argh.
it said it's out of stock? that's brutal. i feel like they could make it just a little bit more clear on their site when things are in/out of stock.
I just got my order confirmation....
(I will post my impressions of it when it arrives.

Congratulations to Ableton; the trade-in offer is a real win-win for everyone, IMO!
Last edited by Buleriachk on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Red Dog Music here in the uk had stock in today when I queried.

jsn

Post by jsn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:36 pm

hey gang, anyone recall what the original push usb cable looks like? was it a hspeed 2.0 revision? so many of these laying around. thanks for any tips

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote:Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).
I'd look around at other places, it's supposed to be in stores today, not just on the Ableton site. I don't know which retailers got the first few batches though.
Will do, mate.

Sweetwater and Guitar Center don't have it as yet - although I'd really like to get from Ableton because the trade-in is really cool. GC only give 10%.

I'll have a poke around and see what I can find.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Edit: zZounds.com has them (well, just ordered one...I'll see what the confirmation says).

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Shift Gorden wrote: Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).

I had it in my cart for an hour while I tried various ways to buy it, and then all of a sudden after a page refresh I got a message saying it had been removed from my cart because it was now out of stock.

I guess because Ableton is German, my US credit card was giving me all kinds of grief so unfortunately I couldn't buy it in time.
Wow that sucks. I am glad I ended up pulling the trigger. I did it probably .30 minutes before your message.

deva

Post by deva » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 pm

I was going to get Push 2 and use the trade in... but now I realize that Push 2 cannot be powered by USB... so no going outside with laptop and Push anymore. Hmmm

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:06 pm

BoddAH wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote: Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).

I had it in my cart for an hour while I tried various ways to buy it, and then all of a sudden after a page refresh I got a message saying it had been removed from my cart because it was now out of stock.

I guess because Ableton is German, my US credit card was giving me all kinds of grief so unfortunately I couldn't buy it in time.
Wow that sucks. I am glad I ended up pulling the trigger. I did it probably .30 minutes before your message.
It's okay - I have one on order for now...I'll try to offload my current Push on eBay or something. Just got the post-purchase guilts.

SuslovNikolay

Post by SuslovNikolay » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:40 pm

SuslovNikolay wrote:Does the new Push 2 support aftertouch as previous Push 1? In tech-spec there is no information on pressure sensitivity of the pads https://www.ableton.com/en/push/tech-specs/
Sorry for trouble, Push 2 support aftertouch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwnkcT ... tu.be&t=68

Lowfront

Post by Lowfront » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:02 pm

deva wrote:I was going to get Push 2 and use the trade in... but now I realize that Push 2 cannot be powered by USB... so no going outside with laptop and Push anymore. Hmmm

I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim.

I just ordered push 2 using the trade in deal. Patiently waiting.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Lowfront wrote:
I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim..
This. Way to dark to use outside just on USB I'm afraid.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

deva

Post by deva » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Lowfront wrote:
I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim..
This. Way to dark to use outside just on USB I'm afraid.
but at least it works... I could play notes

btw, my Push 1 is all f'ed up with 9.5... Am I supposed to update Push?

mekanism1200

Post by mekanism1200 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Am I reading the Ableton site correctly where it says $799 for just the hardware?

Lowfront

Post by Lowfront » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 pm

mekanism1200 wrote:Am I reading the Ableton site correctly where it says $799 for just the hardware?
just hardware yes

mekanism1200

Post by mekanism1200 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Lowfront wrote:
mekanism1200 wrote:Am I reading the Ableton site correctly where it says $799 for just the hardware?
just hardware yes
8O