Watch this Abe video and you will get why we are so lucky

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
EasyWorkflow

Watch this Abe video and you will get why we are so lucky

Post by EasyWorkflow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Anyone who watches this video and does not think we are with the best DAW company in the world, I respect your opinion, but will never agree with you. I have not been moved by a speech from a CEO in many years that was that was so honest and sincere about the future of Ableton. If that was not sincere and from the heart, then I lost the ability to judge people. This man and his company is the real deal and we are lucky to be using Ableton. I cam very close going with Logic which is a great DAW but as a live gigging musician, I clearly made the better choice and feel there is a better vibe with the Ableton community.

Please watch video and you tell me if this man is down-to-earth and speaks from the heart or tells you want you want to hear and does not mean a thing he says.

https://vimeo.com/144372872

Peace

BobbyD

Tarekith

Re: Watch this Abe video and you will get why we are so lucky

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm

It was pretty cool to be there in person. Gerhard was there all weekend, watching the different presentations, night shows, and just talking to everyone. Very nice, approachable guy who really loves what he does. Heck, everyone from Ableton there was like that.

login

Post by login » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I don't know if I would state "the best company" because honestly I don't know how the others are, except for Avid which has a terrible reputation. XD

But Ableton is unique in a lot of ways, it's the one with the best marketing at musicians/performaers. The other DAWs marketing seems directed at engineers, Cubase or reaper for example. Reason is also marketing more the creative side but I don't like their software at all.

Ableton also has a strenght in controllers and the support for them, you always reead comments from other DAW users on how they want stuff like Push, APC and all the great apps which control much more than the mixer. For creation it is by far the DAW with the best features for hands on control.

And I love the graphic identity.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 pm

I think ableton is a good company

but I don't think there is no best company

imo all companies and their daws have strong points that the others don't have

F34TH3R

Post by F34TH3R » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:56 am

login wrote:I don't know if I would state "the best company" because honestly I don't know how the others are, except for Avid which has a terrible reputation. XD

But Ableton is unique in a lot of ways, it's the one with the best marketing at musicians/performaers. The other DAWs marketing seems directed at engineers, Cubase or reaper for example. Reason is also marketing more the creative side but I don't like their software at all.

Ableton also has a strenght in controllers and the support for them, you always reead comments from other DAW users on how they want stuff like Push, APC and all the great apps which control much more than the mixer. For creation it is by far the DAW with the best features for hands on control.

And I love the graphic identity.
Yeah avid sucks. Cant even say their name without gagging
F34TH3R

[art]

Post by [art] » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 am

big fan

EasyWorkflow

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:11 pm

True...There really is no best company. But when I needed help, Ableton remotely dialed in to assist on more than one occasion. I called yesterday and got through with one ring, there CEO it seems so down-to-earth, approachable and to genuily caring about people and giving back. The Ableton community I was is a lot cooler than the Logic Community. Push 2. Say no more . And the vendors that work closely with Ableton are also very cool.

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Seems like a standard promotional conference much like Apples
Am I missing something?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:59 am

I quite liked it. Skipped over some of the fluff but was good to see a standing ovation for the announcement of the Push buyback program.

One line that stood out from Gerhard was in regards to Push 2:

"We are not trying to make it easy to learn, we are trying to make it rewarding".

How I feel with Live most of the time I figure things out.