A question about Push Trade-In

Discuss Push with other users.
Harmonic Progression

A question about Push Trade-In

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Wow, what a surprise; finding out at a local Guitar Center that there's a new Push out now. The new screen(s) and features look great so I am looking at doing the trade-in.

One of the questions they have you answer is "Will you include the USB cable that came with Push?" Taken literally, that means they want the original cable. Oh sheesh, I don't know where the original cable is. It's probably in a big bin with a bunch of other cables, and has no markings identifying it as "the Push cable".

How literal is this question? Can I return my Push 1 with a comparable, known-working cable? I have plenty of those, and hell, I'll throw two in the box if that will help! :P :)

If so, how do I answer that question?
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

lovelight

Re: A question about Push Trade-In

Post by lovelight » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:14 pm

you can still make the trade in deal, but it will cost you a few penny more, i dident had all the adapters to the power plug, but just took them from the new push and boxed them with push 1.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 pm

The USB cable that came with Push is black and should be one of the shortest ones you own. It has one of those cylinder shaped pieces on it for lowering electromagnetic interference.

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 am

I traded mine in without the original cable. It cost me 10 bucks more. Not a big deal. They're mostly just concerned with the fact that it works.

If GC knocks more than ten bucks off the trade-in value for the USB cable, you can always just order it through Ableton and wait the extra 4-5 days.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 am

The clue about the color and electromagnetic interference reduction doohickey will help. I'm almost certain I can find that cable now; thanks!
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:38 am

It's short too, like one meter, where as most standard USB cables are 2 meters typically.

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Well, as coincidences would have it, this is now a non-issue.

I bought an Akai MPK Mini II on Friday for those travel times when I can't bring a Push or Maschine. The new Mini came with precisely that same cable in the box, sealed in a clear plastic envelope. Push is made by Ableton "in association with" Akai, so I'll bet this is the standard part for both.

So with my trade-in, they'll get a brand-new USB cable, black, with an inline magnet-thingy, about 3 feet in length, as best I can tell since it's still sealed new in the plastic baggie)