Push 2 driver installation fails on Win 7 -- WORKAROUND

Discuss Push with other users.
ark

Push 2 driver installation fails on Win 7 -- WORKAROUND

Post by ark » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Just received Push 2. Connected it to the computer, launched Live, and it autoupdated the firmware. After that, most of the time, when I connected Push 2 to the computer, I'd get a complaint from Windows about failed device-driver installation.

Here's the workaround: Connect Push 2 to its power supply, turn it on, and then connect it to the computer. Works every time.

I've filed a bug report.

zsklar

Re: Push 2 driver installation fails on Win 7 -- WORKAROUND

Post by zsklar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:53 pm

I've had Push 2 in my studio for 5 days just collecting dust because for the life of me I can't get Live 9.5 to not crash every time I turn on Push 2. I am beyond frustrated. I've tried pretty much everything. I was on a tech support call with Ableton in Berlin for 2 hours with still no luck. I have a Windows 7 PC. It works fine with my Macbook Pro.

There is some sort of driver issue. It's all I can think of. I really don't want to return this to the store. I was so excited to use Push 2 with the new features.

Anyone have any ideas other than the reinstalling Ableton and the Push 2 drivers. I've done that countless times.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:26 pm

zsklar wrote:I've had Push 2 in my studio for 5 days just collecting dust because for the life of me I can't get Live 9.5 to not crash every time I turn on Push 2. I am beyond frustrated. I've tried pretty much everything. I was on a tech support call with Ableton in Berlin for 2 hours with still no luck. I have a Windows 7 PC. It works fine with my Macbook Pro.

There is some sort of driver issue. It's all I can think of. I really don't want to return this to the store. I was so excited to use Push 2 with the new features.

Anyone have any ideas other than the reinstalling Ableton and the Push 2 drivers. I've done that countless times.

Thanks in advance,

Zach
completely the same problem with me and push 2 and a crashing live 9.5, and when it work it sky rocket the cpu, and ive got a very big and fast pc and win 10 :(

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Leave it to good ole Windows! People never learn.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:25 pm

and Apple with the El Capitan update worked so well too...
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Yeah, honestly from experience this is one of the few actual issues I've seen from Windows.

Most issues I see people having are from updating Apple computers.

If I were to have theoretically 'learned' anything, it would be that I'm best off with Windows.

Of course neither is superior, but I had to point that out :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:39 pm

last night i was attempting to install 9.5. i found that my computer was running like garbage. i looked in Activity Monitor on my Mac and found the Ableton indexing process to be the culprit. i did an end task (or whatever it's called in Apple land) and everything was flying after that.

you might see the same thing in Windows Task Manger. i would encourage you to look and see.

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:00 am

Question: when you press Setup on your Push(es) and click on Info, what firmware version do you have? I'm on Firmware 1.0 Build 44 - I think that mine autoupdated but I'm not positive. I can't see waveforms when I load samples in Simpler so I'm just checking possible culprits off the list.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37