Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
musikmachine

Re: Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Post by musikmachine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Tarekith wrote:Maybe the beta testing just wasn't public :)
Maybe but not sure how they could they miss these bugs. :?

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 pm

jh0303 wrote:I am having THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS!!!! SO FRUSTRATING.

Custom drum racks are the worst culprit, as are creating new drum racks out of sample wav. files from sound packs I've had forever.

I can't open or use anything I created prior to the update without it crashing as well.

I run a 1TB SSHD on a well kept macbook pro with 16 GBs of Ram and the latest El Capitan OSX.

I'm guessing we are going to have to wait for a patch or another update which is a total let down, but in the meantime is there a way to download and reinstall my previous version of Live 9 from the Ableton site????

Thanks guys any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry you are all experiencing this as well :-(
I don't know but i've learned to keep a stable version around, i actually replaced 9.2.3 cause it was such a big upgrade but fortunately was able to reinstall 9.2.3 and everything's working as it was. Maybe Ableton could make it available? I'd upload if i could but probably don't think you can share installers.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 am

The only weird behavior I can report so far (Live 9.5 64bit on OS X Mavericks) is half of my Library just disappeared while working on a project. I restarted Live and everything was back where it should be. This has never happened before. Anyone else?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:15 am

Crashes with the new M4L synths continue :|

UnderwaterSunlight

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:30 am

Update on my experience with 9.5:

The set with 16 audio tracks (each with 4 TrueVerb inserts) and 5 return tracks also in the set still crashes unpredictably. When it runs (sometimes it does play properly), the ASIO load is at 46%. Memory consumption is not the issue, neither is CPU power.
I feel that my User Remote Scripts (Behringer BCR2000 and M-Audio Axiom 61 Advanced) might be implicated in the issue.

Then I thought to myself:
Well, I don't use TrueVerb very often at all. So let me create a more realistic project consisting of 16 audio tracks each with 4 Reaktor FX inserts (because I use Reaktor in each and every set). The set also features 5 return tracks, one of which is a TrueVerb.

This project is even more demanding CPU-wise. It gives me approximately 64% ASIO load which is way more than the Waves FX project. But that one never crashes on me!!! Perhaps because I use the (nearly) most recent version of Reaktor while my Waves FX date a bit back?
I don't know... Waves Release Notes/Changelog don't nearly reveal any changes concerning my Silver Bundle.

Should I care? I wish to settle in my heart to be content and value the 9.5 Ableton version...
The new Simpler filters, for one, sound fine to my ears. I will test the warp function with pads/chords. It is quite polished, I think.

Being a perfectionist is hard most of the time....

Now to emphasize: The Waves set is the only set that gives me uneasiness. No crashes otherwise, neither when loading sets nor when dragging/dropping some content. Also other things, for example my custom Device Groups (*.ADG) such as Drum Racks present no problem at all.
Yes, as I mentioned, my machine is well-maintained. Too, I am quite educated when it comes to DAW work.
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Very strange issue only in 9.5, completely empty set with only one MIDI track,a drumrack. The issue was noticed in a full set so I isolated it to this particular drumrack and removed everything else from the set. Hard drive overload (the red "D") constantly when one of the pads was triggered. I also created a whole new set and dragged this drumrack into that to test.

Session drums - Multirod. I altered the one snare sound, third (second?) pad bottom row, by adding a stock timpani sample as well as an autofilter rack (autofilter +utility to compensate for Drive's gain) and Glue Compressor.

This pad will often drop out and cause hard disk overload. When I removed all the effects, leaving just the Sampler to play the hits, it still happens. When I drag this pad to another MIDI track, it does not happen. Somehow the .adg drumrack most be broken, but how?

I have a fairly new PC with the latest Samsung EVO SSD, 32GB RAM and so on. Everything runs great, including all Ableton sets, apart from this single pad on this one drumrack.

Strange.

F34TH3R

Post by F34TH3R » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Check to make sure you are running system requirements
F34TH3R

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Osteja0713 wrote:Check to make sure you are running system requirements
You must've not read my post in its entirety, unless you are responding to someone else.

I'm running way above recommended specs, with a bloody 850 EVO SSD, a billion-core blazing fast i7, etc etc. I've been using Live for a long time. Like I said - it's isolated to just one pad on one drum rack. This does not happen in 9.2. I can play massive sound libraries, I can run 31553 instances of Diva at Divine quality at once with no problems

It is one corrupt pad. A corrupt pad I tell ya! Curses!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Maybe it's a corrupt pad?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:44 pm

:lol:

kirillov

Post by kirillov » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 am

9.5 feels like a beta to me:
I also had several crashes, now a crash when draging a clip into simpler on a drumpad.
when I try to reload the project now, I get a "serious programm error" :-(
if you have to work with live professionally, especially for live shows,
I absolutely recommend NOT to use simpler yet!!!!!!!!!!

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 am

...very smooth transition from 9.2.3 for me...no crashes/issues...even touchable is working flawless for me (except browsing and some devices (as mentioned by the touchable team))...
mac os 10.8.5, ios8.3, live 9.5
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

cyan2k

Post by cyan2k » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:48 am

I'm getting audio glitches if I use 9.5 with Asio4All and Windows 10. Every minute or so sound stops completely for 0.5 to 1 second, even if the CPU load is at ~10%.
Very annoying.

ScarKord

Post by ScarKord » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:32 pm

I too was experiencing crashes which I eventually tracked down to the Native Instruments Replika plugin. I found some forum posts which suggested downgrading it to the previous version (1.2.1) but this still caused Ableton to crash, so I uninstalled it.

Ableton now loads fine every time.
ScarKord - Electronic music, remix and sound design
http://www.scarkord.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/scarkord

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Just a reminder :
Please report your issues to support@ableton.com
Try to explain clearly what the problem is, and detailing how to reproduce it if you've found a specific pattern.
If it's a crash make sure to attach the crash pack. If it's a bug, you can click Live's Help menu > Get support to generate a Status Report pack... attach it to your report.
It's the only way to get the issues analysed and fixed!

Thanks and sorry for the hassle
Julien
Ableton Forum Moderator