Push 2 : Firmness of the tempo encoder

Discuss Push with other users.
Polar

Push 2 : Firmness of the tempo encoder

Post by Polar » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:49 am

Absolutely mesmerised by the new Push 2. I'm spending less time looking at the screen and using the mouse than ever.

There are two things however that I'm curious if everyone is experiencing or it's just my unit.
The first is that the tempo encoder is a tiny bit wobbly. It's not a big deal really but compared to the firm tempo encoder on Push 1 it is noticeable.

The other is the touch strip. When pitching a sound in operator for example, it's like it's not responding to the middle 1-inch section. I rub my ringer over the center to create a vibrato effect and there is no response until I go at least 1/2 inch up or down. Could be a setting somewhere in either operator or the hardware? Are you guys experiencing the same?

irrelevance

Re: Push 2 : Firmness of the tempo encoder

Post by irrelevance » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:50 am

As you mention it could be a parameter setting in operator that is throwing you. Better to analyse the midi output to be sure what is happening with controller data when touching certain areas of the touch-strip.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 am

The tempo knob is a tiny bit wobbly, I agree.

drez

Post by drez » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:03 am

Yep, wobbly for me as well...feels TOO wobbly.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty