PUSH 2/ Live 10 wishlist

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kirillov

PUSH 2/ Live 10 wishlist

Post by kirillov » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 pm

now that Push has a graphical display, great imrpovements are done, but a lot more is possible:
lets have a wishlist for some deeper integration of the origianl LIVE software features into the hardware (i.e. for LIVE 10):

- Browser: load/ save projects!
- all audio clip functionallity (NUDGE warp markers, Crop, classic convert to midi options dialogs etc)
- SESSION VIEW: move/ copy/ cut/ Paste scenes, tracks, Clips etc
- Browser: use encoders for alphabetical search. at least the first 3 letters or so. example:

O O O O O O O O
C R 7 8

- a little detail: I would prefer Armed Tracks to be RED again...

cheers!

Monchai

Re: PUSH 2/ Live 10 wishlist

Post by Monchai » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Mine is browse, preview and load .wav and .alc clip directly to Session audio slot.

[art]

Post by [art] » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Cant speak for Push 2 but yes even for Push 1 also loading and saving projects would be rad

the bite

Post by the bite » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:36 pm

1. Convert to simpler/sampler
Right click any selection of audio, from the browser, sesion view, arragement ,etc....convert to simpler.
This must be avaliable on clip mode on push too.You make a selection on your clip with push ,convert to simpler, then make a simpler from this.

2.Unlink envelope workflow

3.Every parameter of each native device from Live must be avaliable for push (1 or 2). Sampler needs update.

4. Arragement view mode for push.Now basically don,t exist.

5.Bounce in place.Bounce layers from instrument rack.

6. Hold mode on push, i want to touch notes, hold it and start tweaking!!!!Edit: I can,t use the foot and if you have to draw cc midi 64 control changes ,it,s a mouse thing.

7.Load clips, alc format.I have almost all my work in little ideas on clips .Be able to browse them from push it would be great.Also improve the time the clip loads. I know this could be difficult if the clips contain a lot devices,and midi information, but this is what i would like.Maybe another format with better loading times , with live 10???
Last edited by the bite on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boabmatic

Post by boabmatic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:16 pm

6. Hold mode on push, i want to touch notes, hold it and start tweaking!!!!

this can be done by attaching a MIDI footpedal to the push to toggle sustain mode

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/push-footpedal/

or use automation

if you want to use automation to do this click your midi clip so you can see the midi editor. Make sure you can see the envelopes box (click the E symbol in the lower left corner). In the envelopes box, set the first parameter to 'MIDI Ctrl'. Set the second parameter to '64 - Hold Pedal'. You can now draw the automation. If its value is 64 or above it holds the notes, if it's 63 or below it turns off notes again.

https://www.ableton.com/answers/hold-me ... leton-live

Polar

Post by Polar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:29 pm

The ability to "Copy value to siblings" from Push

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:51 pm

They should definitely add loading of clips (.alc) - I assumed this would be the case already. I've got lots of ideas stored away as clips, whether it be textures, melody or percussive, ready for importing into any given session.

mcnelson

Post by mcnelson » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Follow Actions via Push please.
Ableton Live::Audio Damage::Sonic Charge::Sugar Bytes

kellermcdivitt

Post by kellermcdivitt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 pm

I just really, really, really want multichannel tracks/master so I can work in surround. Rewiring into Pro Tools/Nuendo/whatever doesn't work for me because you lose all the Max for Live functionality, and that is zero fun.

I know most music production guys probably couldn't care less about surround workflow, but I use Live for sound design for film/commercials and right now its such a pain in the ass to have to do stem exports into another daw and keep going back and forth. Its such a creativity killer.

Surely you guys doing more abstract work could get behind proper multichannel mixing, right? Right now, I'd give any non-vital or redundant organ in my body to be able to do this.

Come on Ableton! Let's do this!

panten

Post by panten » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:56 am

The only times I would leave PushI whilst making beats or recording melodic instruments would be to Crop the loop down to what is displayed.

Crop button would be fantastic.

kirillov

Post by kirillov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Just found 2 more things:

-Option for launching scenes in NOTE MODE "normally", that means NO LEGATO mode for the arrow key!
- with PUSH 1, unlike Push 2, if you hold down a Pad in "note mode" and switch to Session mode, the sound
would keep playing as long as you keep pushing the pad! that was very helpfull when momentary switching
to session mode for triggering a scene (this is great for a quick workflow untill a NO LEGATO mode
in "Note mode" is available)

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:41 am

colored meters that match track color like touchable in live and push 2