Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push

Discuss Push with other users.
molefonken

Re: Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push

Post by molefonken » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Screen dumps and/or video on how this looks on Push 2 would be sweet.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Stromkraft wrote:Valiumdupeuple, any chance you could add groove control to this gem or another device?
No :lol:
Acutally, I'm pretty sure the groove isn't exposed to the Live API, so ...

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:17 pm

molefonken wrote:Screen dumps and/or video on how this looks on Push 2 would be sweet.
I don't have any good camera to do that, and frankly there's nothing special about how it looks. Plus all the features are listed on the product page.

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:28 am

Can we see a youtube video of it in action before we buy?
post a link.

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:03 am

The zoom arrangement horizontally works a little buggy if you zoom too much by mistake or maybe its just a bit touchy.. just gotta be careful.
Master Volume knob is cool it moves the play head forward and backwards.. that always something Im dying to have in my MIDI controllers.
Select and Tempo knob is excellent to change global quantizations. Thanks! works for both modes in the controller. Great for session mode in Push 2's Default mode! but it seems to skip eighth notes and 1/4 notes? 1/2 works well though. Wait now I see the notes. you left it out on purpose.
Select and Device button don't seem to do anything like the manual says, but I guess thats OK cause I know if you
Just hitting the session button takes you out of the M4L mode and back into the regular Push 2 default mode. Very nice exit.
Don't know why but Select+Duplicate don't seem to be doing anything for me.
Draw mode is Awesome with the Duplicate button alone.
Is there a "Tab" key command for this patch? If not I wish there was.. a way to switch to arrangement view... I think in your directions you said that won't work?
Pretty cool device. Worth the low price.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:50 am

kompletemail wrote: Select and Device button don't seem to do anything like the manual says
I think I forgot to include a info.txt about the changes in P2. With P1 you use this buttons combination to close the device/clip panel.
In P2 you use Select+Octave Down. And with Select+Page Left you can close the browser panel. :)
kompletemail wrote: Don't know why but Select+Duplicate don't seem to be doing anything for me.
My mistake, it's select + automation. It's used to "go back to arrangement" (the little orange arrow)

kompletemail wrote: Is there a "Tab" key command for this patch? If not I wish there was.. a way to switch to arrangement view... I think in your directions you said that won't work?
I'm not sure about what you mean. Shift+Session enters ArrangeMode on Push and switch to Arrangement View in Live. Pressing only Session goes back to Push default mode and to Session View in Live.
But, unfortunately there's no way to enter ArrangeMode on Push when hitting tab on your computer keyboard on the Session/Arrangement on Live's UI, sorry.

Thanks for the review, and happy to hear that you enjoy it.

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:47 am

- Nice. I was trying to open the browser back up with the same command or the Page Right pad but it didn't work but then realized it opens back automatically when you use the Browse button.
Browse button also works to reopen the clip/devices windows. Would be cool if you could use the arrow buttons though to make it quicker.

- Nice one with Select+Automation button too. Very helpful.

-and on the third point.. gotcha, the Session button will have to do and I suppose it works just fine unless I feel like just tabbing over to take a quick peek at any performance as Im recording or something and I think thats what I was thinking when I wrote this. Also hitting Note button to get back to push's default is great too and works just as well as hitting Session to save one extra step.
..another otion would be to open the second window while recording :P
Thanks though the Patch is very useful

BTW the little peach color pads to add locators then jump between them is golden.

Also I probably missed this in the instructions but it seems like Master Volume knob doesn't work unless you hold Shift+Turn Knob?
Also to use Cue Level then you have to hold the Shift+Select buttons?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Dominga wrote:Got it. Great idea. Would love to have control over opening i/o, sends, returns, full screen, etc. for both session and arrange views. Maybe the grid buttons could be used for these things?
These are good suggestions, but these functions are not natively accessible from m4l.
My personal patch (which is bit different) does things like that ( cut /copy/paste/erase...) but those things are only doable through keystrokes. The problem is that in order to do that I need to use a max external that only runs on osx AND in 32 bit. I can't make a public device with so many constraints.
Let's hope Ableton/Cycling adds those to the API soon.
Has anything improved in the API since?
Make some music!

Cee.DoubleBass

Post by Cee.DoubleBass » Thu May 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Hey,
thanks for your great work!
I have discovered a problem/ bug with it.
In most of my livesets I have several Overdubs tracks, that are turned off, they hold alternative takes i.e.
After re-opening that livesets with the push arrange-patch in the master channel, they are all turned on again, which is really confusing and it takes quite all lot of time to find out, which ones were the last selected tracks.
IS THERE A CHANCE TO change tis behaviour?

Best

C
Live 5.0.2, FW410, IBook G4 1,33 Ghz, OSX 10.3.4.

Glint_Eye

Post by Glint_Eye » Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 pm

i'd really like to buy your m4l device, because it sounds really great but i've read a lot about automatic unmuting of all tracks when loading a live project with pusharrangement on the master. if it is really like that i'd rather not buy it.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon May 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Cee, do you run the latest version of the device?
It's fixed in this version if I remember correctly :roll:

Glint_Eye

Post by Glint_Eye » Fri May 27, 2016 6:59 pm

i'd like to give it a try. but gumroad only accepts credit cards. dont have one...
any way to make this work with paypal?

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi there,

Device update (v1.2):
- more transport controls (continue playing, play selection...)
- the Rec button is now back to Live's default behavior, as 9.7 introduced Arrangement record from Push.
- move the Pencil (P2)/ Enable Loop (P1) in order to free the Duplicate button, as 9.7 also introduced new things...

Customers should receive an automatic update notification by email.
If for some reason you haven't receive anything, just send me a message with the email used to buy the device and I'll fix that.

cheers
V.

Solarfall

Post by Solarfall » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:38 am

Valiumdupeuple wrote:Cee, do you run the latest version of the device?
It's fixed in this version if I remember correctly :roll:
Hi,

It would be great if you fixed it in Futility too. I stopped using this great simple device (that fixes one of the biggest Live's ommisions) because this unmuting behaviour was driving me mad.

Many thanks!

mson

Post by mson » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi,

I bought the Push-ArrangeMode device but I can't access the Arrange Mode on Push2. Shift plus Session combination doesn't work anymore it seems. Any solution?