Did you know these "hidden" P2 features?

Discuss Push with other users.
Valiumdupeuple

Did you know these "hidden" P2 features?

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:50 pm

When I feel lazy I watch some P2 videos to see what people can do with it.
I haven't came across any single one where someone shows this nice little feature: hold a device's button for a second... you're then able to move the device with the encoders. In other words, you can change a track's devices order from P2.
Yep.

Here's another great tip for browsing: Unlike the other ones, the last encoder (the one before the Master one) works with every columns so, use this last encoder to navigate up/down and the arrows underneath it to go back/forward in the folders structure.
:roll:

jestermgee

Re: Did you know these "hidden" P2 features?

Post by jestermgee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm

I absolutely love the amount of thinking they put in this thing. I was expecting "meh, flashy display and a few refinements" after using Push MK1 for 2 years but I was blown away by just how different the whole experience has been. Still some features id love to see (loading Clips from Browser is the biggest) but it's amazing to me that the same product with a few updates and changes makes so much difference. Even just playing pads feels a lot better.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:. In other words, you can change a track's devices order from P2.
Yep.
Great news, I sometimes need to shift things about mid-flow. Happy this can be done from Push 2.

Was just reading the updated manual for it, and was also happy to see quite a few small but nice things that are not mentioned in any videos I've seen, like pressing the Master channel for a second time will jump back to the track you just came from, which I really missed on Push 1.

Also noticed that racks have an underscore when unfolded running beneath all the devices within it, making it much clearer what's going on than Push 1.

Mine's being delivered tomorrow , looking forward to checking out all the enhancements.
jestermgee wrote:loading Clips from Browser is the biggest
Yeah, I hope this is added. Can't see why not. So many little ideas stored away to throw into a set to see if it sticks - it'll be a shame to have to resort back to the mouse for this.

[art]

Post by [art] » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:28 am

Yeah I need to watch those videos to just remember the little things.

Holding delete and pressing a drum pad to delete all the sequencer notes for that pad was a nice little one I discovered recently.

What's interesting to me is how its possible at all. I mean, if Live had become a crazy ballooned software over the years it would seem like Push could only accomodate this small fraction, but actually its so close to being a total controller for session view. I guess its always been a live tool, and Ab's have been working in collabs with controller partners for years.

But its a nice approach to being conservative there, keeping session view focused enough, so now both Push and Live will grow in tandem as one instrument, rather than the software getting away from it.

It makes me feel like Push could have actually been called Session.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:10 am

Not a "hidden" feature but I have noticed straight up that switching tracks with Push MK2 now does not produce the audio stutter that use to occur with P1. This could be a Live 9.5 thing but no longer have to enable "Reduce Latency".

Jbvdb

Post by Jbvdb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:00 am

Browsing audio clips would be amazing!
I personally like the mute unmute of devices on push 2 it makes A/B ing fx so easy!

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:22 am

Drum racks can now be expanded and collapsed from push 2 this is great. I found the option to switch position of the device by accident while trying to figure out how to enable/disable a device which wasn't obvious.

login

Post by login » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:01 am

Not hidden, people don't read the manual.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:16 pm

not in the manual (that i can see):
for Audio Effect Racks, you can choose which chain to control by press-holding the its main Rack button up top and choosing the chain to control with the bottom row of buttons.

currently the on-screen message still says "Choose the position of Audio Effect Rack" but it should really say "Choose Audio Effects Rack chain focus" or something, as unlike in valium's OP, nothing gets moved with this option.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Man, it's becoming a very long day at work. Push 2 is sitting here right beside me...can't wait to get home and operate the thing and check out all these upgrades.

...work :evil: