Post Your Push VST Mappings

Discuss Push with other users.
Stromkraft

Re: Post Your Push VST Mappings

Post by Stromkraft » Thu May 21, 2015 11:35 pm

queglay wrote:128 is a vst limitation i believe. we are screwed if we want to tackle that problem. it should have been fixed when everything went 64 bit. that was the best change we had.
VST3: New Standard for Virtual Studio Technology
Make some music!

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Wed May 27, 2015 9:19 pm

HI GUYS, you have to join in and become a member, then i have all the Push ready racks,you want for free, for the vst,s. the vst lists is just tom show you what i made racks for :) you have to have the vst itself. i have the racks ready for you if you are a member, its growing everyday, also a new site only for effect racks to Push

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ableton- ... 2045264120

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks

Join in and be surprised of my hard Work.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Topic cleaned up.
Keep on sharing the good stuffs.

Julien
Ableton Forum Moderator

d3x0r

Post by d3x0r » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi,

I'm a bit new to all this, I created one instrument rack with Waves Element and it seems to be working fine BUT... when i change parameters on the synth, they are not updated on push 2.

Same when loading new preset, they stay the same... am I expecting too much or is this just the way it is at the moment?

Dex

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:08 am

did you Grouped and saved your instrument Rack after the midi mapping ?

d3x0r

Post by d3x0r » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Not sure if I got this right....

It looks like I have instrument rack inside of an instrument rack, and now the instrument rack on PUSH doesn't reflect what is on the preset, but if I select the vst itself it does. But I have 2 "Element" instances, 1 is instrument rack, the other one is the VSTi itself....

and

This is all on one channel, second one works fine but the first one is macros and doesn't reflect whats on the preset... I can control VSTi with it, but it jumps straight to the knob position when I touch it it has nothing to do with where it is on Element preset loaded.

Dex

d3x0r

Post by d3x0r » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

whoopps ... sorry for the resolution... I didn't see this coming :)

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 pm

That is because macros are not bi-directional. Flipping presets within the vst itself will not update the macros you mapped. The preset will sound like it's meant to sound until you turn a macro knob - the parameter affected will jump straight to where the macro is.

Unfortunately just the way it is.

Another reason I mainly just map a default configuration for any given VST via the configuration panel and only use macros for "special" racks. These configured parameters do update accordingly when flipping presets.

If you must have racks with macros for your VST, save each preset as a separate rack - then you should have no problems (if you stick to the macros of course).

d3x0r

Post by d3x0r » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Ok now it's clear... Default mapping is ok I discovered and follows the actual value on the synth, but here I have another question.

If I use config on the VSTi, it's gone after reloading the VSTi, if I use Instrument rack without mapping, I can save it, but then I have additional Instrument rack in the audiochain (on Push 2 display), not that this is causing me any trouble, but if there is a way of getting rid of it I would love to know :)

Thanks for the help guys, I'm new here but I can see already that will spent some quality evening time on this forum :)

Dex

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Once you've set up your config how you like on the VST, right click the VST's header and choose "Save as Default Config". Now every time you load this vst, it will load up with whatever mapping you configured. No racks or macros involved.

From the pic below it looks like you've racked Element twice. Click on the second "Instrument Rack" and right click and choose Ungroup, or Ctrl+Shift+G (windows). You'd most likely use racks, in this case, for when you have more than just the VST within it, like other effects, or you want to save each preset as a separate rack for loading from Push, or you have parallel chains...etc

d3x0r

Post by d3x0r » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 pm

tedlogan wrote:Once you've set up your config how you like on the VST, right click the VST's header and choose "Save as Default Config". Now every time you load this vst, it will load up with whatever mapping you configured. No racks or macros involved.

From the pic below it looks like you've racked Element twice. Click on the second "Instrument Rack" and right click and choose Ungroup, or Ctrl+Shift+G (windows). You'd most likely use racks, in this case, for when you have more than just the VST within it, like other effects, or you want to save each preset as a separate rack for loading from Push, or you have parallel chains...etc

Thanks so much :) you just saved me 45 min of unproductive looking for this "save as default config" :) cheers :)

Have a good weekend mate :)

Dex

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:51 pm

No worries - you too!

j hubez

Post by j hubez » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi guys, here's one I made for u-he Hive.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cupd8lm9q4db6 ... pping.zip?

It maps pretty much the entire synth in an intuitive and easily memorizable fashion. The only part I couldn't fit in is the ARP&SEQ section. The zipped folder includes 2 things: an instrument rack file with an instance of Hive fully configured for all 16 Push banks, and a midi map .txt file for Hive itself. This all requires some explanation, so bear with me.

The midi mapping assigns some Hive functions (mainly toggle buttons and section volume parameters) to Push buttons and encoders in User Mode for quick access. For each group of Hive toggle buttons, I chose sections of the Push that had the same number of buttons grouped together to make visual memorization a breeze (see the bottom of this post for specific groupings).

The only minor issue is that to get the toggle commands to stick, you have to switch out of User Mode while holding down your desired toggle buttons. This is because they are transmitting cc signals, not note-toggle signals (only the pad grid and touched encoders send note signals in User Mode, and Hive's midi map feature doesn't recognize those), so otherwise your Hive togglers will only stay toggled as long as you keep pressing them. This is easy to work with and, for the solo commands and maybe a couple others, toggling only while pressed is actually pretty opportune, as you'll see. Also I was forced to disable the lowest notes for the instrument rack (C-2 to A-2) because otherwise touching the encoders in User Mode triggers these notes.

The midi map file goes under Users/[my account folder]/Library/Application Support/u-he (at least for me, running OSX 10.11).

Push Banks (Default Mode):
*Banks 1-8: Main Synth*
1- OSC 1
2- OSC 2
3- Filter 1
4- FIlter 2
5- Amp Envs 1 & 2
6- Mod Envs 1 & 2
7- LFO 1 & 2
8- OSC, LFO, Env Trigger Modes for both sides
*Banks 9-13: Effects*
9- Distortion & Chorus
10- Reverb, rightmost Encoder is Delay Mode
11- Delay (except Delay Mode)
12- EQ, 1st half of Compression
13- 2nd half of Compression, Phaser
*Banks 14-16: Global and Mod Matrix*
14- Global: Synth Engine, Vibrato LFO, Glide; & one miscellaneous choice, Amp Env 1 & 2 Velocity Depth
15- Mod Matrix 1 & 2 Selectors and Depths
16- Mod Matrix 3 & 4 Selectors and Depths

MIDI Mappings (User Mode):
*Encoders*
Top 8 Encoders- Volumes for both OSCs, Subs, & Filters; and both OSC Width (left 4 are Side 1, right 4 are Side 2)
Master Volume Encoder- Mod Wheel
Groove Encoder- Global Transpose
*Toggle Buttons* (switch out of User Mode while pressing them to keep toggled)
2 Top Left Buttons- LFO 1&2 Polarity
6 Top Right Buttons- All OSC, Sub, Filter Solos
6 Leftmost Upper Bank Buttons- Mod Matrix 1-6 Activators
6 Leftmost Lower Bank Buttons- Mod Matrix 7-12 Activators
4 Vertical Buttons directly below Tempo Encoder- All Filter 1 Section Activators
5 Vertical Buttons directly to the left of User Mode Button- All Filter 2 Section Activators
Play Button- Effects Section Activator

Congrats for making it to the end of this instruction manual. Hope you guys like it! :wink: