JBRIDGE is just horrible CRASHES every time !!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

Re: JBRIDGE is just horrible CRASHES every time !!!!

Post by Tagor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:15 pm

no problems with jbbridge on win 7 x64 with live 9 x64 - the only thing i do:
hit the not recommended save option for brdidged file - since then never got problems.

and offcourse do not use cracked pluggos - they may harm the stability of your sissdem.

the shame is: ableton did not create a bridge - a software i supported over the years with nearby 1k

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:45 pm

kompletemail wrote:Such a piece of crap piece of software should not be sold because its not ready and the developer doesn't really care to advance it as I asked him before.

JUST CRASHING AND CRASHING.

and all I am running is ONE sylenth thats it.

Had to just go ahead and delete all 32 plugins since it was so unreliable.

Ableton really needs to stop suggesting it to its users/buyers as a fix and making it look like its the answer to the problem.

They need to support 32 bit or just tell people you will not be able to use 32 bit plugins on Ableton 64 ..

Just froze my whole computer not only crashing ableton.

I am going to be making you tubes of these crashes and sharing to spread the word that jBRIDGE IS UNRELIABLE and that guy will just keep taking peoples money and HE WILL NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND EVER.
jBridge is less than $20.
It works fine on my computers, both Macs as well.
Yes it's the most likely thing to crash, it's a fix for a problem between dozens of companies.
I use it with AAS plug ins and it's flawless.
It's more likely to have problems with Audio Ease Speakerphone, but Audio Ease do not recommend using bit bridges.

You're completely utterly overreacting, period.
You spent less than $20 on a piece of software that's in BETA! and your'e throwing a shit fit that it works as advertised???
WTF does beta mean to you then?

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:24 pm

pencilrocket wrote:your computer is full of torrent garbage. uninstall them bro.

how would you know? I spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on good software that doesn't crash. your full of crap no need for slander .

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:35 pm

32 bit plugins. In 2015, almost 2016. lol.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 pm

beats me wrote:32 bit plugins. In 2015, almost 2016. lol.
To be fair some plug ins never made it.
I had to buy a copy of Sample Tank SE to get IK's libraries (SampleMoog, Miroslav etc.) to work in 64 bit.
AAS 'wrapped' their long in the tooth Tassman, same bad GUI, same slow workflow... man they really need to do something about that. :?
kompletemail is still a whiner with unrealistic expectations though. :P

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Try run live as admin, that works on my system, with jbridge

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote:32 bit plugins. In 2015, almost 2016. lol.
To be fair some plug ins never made it.
I had to buy a copy of Sample Tank SE to get IK's libraries (SampleMoog, Miroslav etc.) to work in 64 bit.
AAS 'wrapped' their long in the tooth Tassman, same bad GUI, same slow workflow... man they really need to do something about that. :?
kompletemail is still a whiner with unrealistic expectations though. :P

As a long time Apple fanboy who is used to their “innovation” tactics, when something no longer works you pour a 40 and suck it up, find an alternative and move on. You don’t band aid it and there is no such thing as “indispensable!”

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I don't like this kind of bridge plugins myself

I don't use jbridge but ive tried out Steinbergs Cubase bridge and it is not so hot either

I think it uses higher cpu than if you had used just 32 bit version Cubase instead of the bridge inside 64bit

I got rid of all my 32 bit plugins really cause I think bridging sucks in general

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 pm

I stopped using 32 bit plugins when Logic Pro X came out because there isn’t a 32 version. I didn’t panic or look for some bridging option. It forced me to do a long overdue cleanup of my plugins. Went and updated the plugins I cared about, long overdue regardless. And ignored the plugins that didn’t have a 64 bit version, and in almost all cases I was already ignoring them anyway.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 am

beats me wrote:I stopped using 32 bit plugins when Logic Pro X came out because there isn’t a 32 version. I didn’t panic or look for some bridging option. It forced me to do a long overdue cleanup of my plugins. Went and updated the plugins I cared about, long overdue regardless. And ignored the plugins that didn’t have a 64 bit version, and in almost all cases I was already ignoring them anyway.
That's exactly how I did it. However, if you have tracks that rely on old 32bit plug-ins what are you going to do for performances and all? Learn to use anything else you can choose is a viable option, I suppose.
On the other hand updating a large library to 64bit can be costly. But who said music production should cost about nothing?

I'm surprised the AU alternative 32Lives (Mac) doesn't come up more often when Jbridge on Macs is discussed. Typically, though not always, there are 32bit AUs available.

It's pricier, but maybe a healthy option if you have a hefty investment in 32bit plug-ins. I haven't used it myself though. Isn't this a viable option for these situations?
Make some music!

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:52 am

Just about every plugin out there has both bits. If I really had to rely on a 32 bit plugin then I would use Live 32 bit. 64 bit is only convenient to access more memory.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 am

I'm still using 32bit Live because there are favorite 32 plugins. I'm not supposed to ditch them because of lazy DAW developers...

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:52 am

pencilrocket wrote:I'm still using 32bit Live because there are favorite 32 plugins.
I also use the 32bit version when I need to run something old. Have all these been abandoned in 32bit form? 32bit only must be very rare these days unless development have stopped.

One developer that seem to have stopped VST altogether is Massey. He never did any AUs to my knowledge and seem focused on AAX. Those plug-ins that were available for awhile were 32bit only as far as I know (still got the demos somewhere). Maybe there are a lot of plug-ins like that and I'm just missing how many there are since I've managed to find 64bit replacements.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:28 am

beats me wrote:As a long time Apple fanboy who is used to their “innovation” tactics, when something no longer works you pour a 40 and suck it up, find an alternative and move on. You don’t band aid it and there is no such thing as “indispensable!”
I live somewhere in the middle on this, when no new plug in will change your "sound" why upgrade? I change hardware and software when I have a real need to, not because of bling factor. It was $59 for Sample Tank 3 SE with the crappy iRig 24 key, and the choirs in Miroslav are sufficient for my needs.

I also don't have any other plug ins that haven't hit 64 bit though, so jbridge did it's job for me. :x

I feely admit to buying new bling when it fills a real want though, the Slate Raven is pretty much a must IMO.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:39 am

Stromkraft wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:I'm still using 32bit Live because there are favorite 32 plugins.
I also use the 32bit version when I need to run something old. Have all these been abandoned in 32bit form? 32bit only must be very rare these days unless development have stopped.

One developer that seem to have stopped VST altogether is Massey. He never did any AUs to my knowledge and seem focused on AAX. Those plug-ins that were available for awhile were 32bit only as far as I know (still got the demos somewhere). Maybe there are a lot of plug-ins like that and I'm just missing how many there are since I've managed to find 64bit replacements.
Unfortunately some of them are atm. I have fav free plugins. I'm not gonna call them "lazy VST developers" because they are free and its working in 32 bit hosts. And I'm not gonna spend my time to seek out other plugins and end up to find bloated VST priced $200 just for a single feature of it.