Ok is there or is there not A Custom Note Assignment Feature

Discuss Push with other users.
starving student

Ok is there or is there not A Custom Note Assignment Feature

Post by starving student » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:33 pm

where you can set up every single pad on the Push 2 to a note of your choosing, and save this set up, and how many of these templates can be saved for using any time you want at a moments notice?

starving student

Re: Ok is there or is there not A Custom Note Assignment Feature

Post by starving student » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:18 pm

starving student wrote:where you can set up every single pad on the Push 2 to a note of your choosing, and save this set up, and how many of these templates can be saved for using any time you want at a moments notice?

login

Post by login » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:02 am

Nope, that doesn't exist. Maybe a task for M4L.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 am

wow, ok then what's the purpose of User Mode, if you can't assign whatever note you want on each of the 64 pads?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:03 pm

I think User mode is there to have something mappable (since nothing in Live mode is mappable at all, don't even think about midi mapping a tempo control encoder or something), and for people to make use of with scripts or max4live.

I reeeeally wish they had a Controller Editor like NI has. I think stray might have something that does that for Push 1??

But yeah, you'd essentially be getting Push 2 for the explicit features they tell you about.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:16 pm

You can map stuff to anything in user mode as per usual midi mapping to controllers. I'm not sure how to map specific notes to specific pads. It does need a midi editor I guess.

I have noticed that going from User mode to normal sometimes disables some of the buttons' lights. Fixes itself upon power on/off.

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:36 pm

starving student wrote:where you can set up every single pad on the Push 2 to a note of your choosing, and save this set up, and how many of these templates can be saved for using any time you want at a moments notice?
Would it be possible to use a drum rack with a M4L device on every pad, then send the midi out from that track to another track with your instrument on it?

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:30 am

I have no idea I don't use max or m4L. I really hope ableton will consider this as I think it's an extremely basic feature. I set up my mpc to transmit whatever notes I want on all of the pads quite often, it would be even more useful in abletons user mode.

login

Post by login » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 am

Yep, using a drum rack where each pad plays a different not by configuring what ever instrument each pad host could be a way around it, if you are doing it for a single instrument each pad, apart from the one containing the instrument, could use an external instrument and a MIDI effect for sending the desired note. Then you just turn on the 64 pads mode.

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:19 am

starving student wrote:I have no idea I don't use max or m4L. I really hope ableton will consider this as I think it's an extremely basic feature. I set up my mpc to transmit whatever notes I want on all of the pads quite often, it would be even more useful in abletons user mode.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying but I don't think this is a basic feature. I wouldn't want my pads sending random notes. Sounds like an advanced feature to me.

So you want to play a tune for example just by pressing consecutive pads or something?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 am

it's not random notes it's just the opposite... on every pad you tell it what note to play. This is extremely old functionality.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:45 am

In what way does this need to be different than the current modes for playing notes?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:09 am

I'm not sure I understand the question, the Push 2 users are saying that it's not possible to assign whatever midi note you like to each of the pads and save your mapping as a template.

login

Post by login » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Yeah I also not nderstand the request at all. In any case I would like the ability to make custom scales.