Reasons for keeping Push 1, please add yours

Discuss Push with other users.
sowhoso

Re: Reasons for keeping Push 1, please add yours

Post by sowhoso » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

starving student wrote:I have a push 2 but unopened in the box/returnable...I'm really contemplating the minutia.
:lol:

stop the waffling and open it already

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:57 am

blof_eld wrote:
molefonken wrote:You simply couldn't use the pad slicing mode. Push 1 can now utilize custom device banks for Simpler (see changes for push, second row https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... ase-notes/).

Before this beta made it work, I had to use a max for live device called "AZ-LABS Pad Slicing Mode 1.0.1"

Now, as far as I know, the only thing that is different with this mode is the waveform display (with push 1, you can turn knobs to move start, end, nudge and more, but you have to look at your screen). But man, I'm glad they made the slicing mode work perfectly fine on the push 1. I have no problem sitting on the fence for the push 2 now.
That's awesome that you can do nudge, etc from the Push 1 now. My Push 1 is right below the monitor, so that will be great for using the new Simpler!

Can you delete slices and adjust sensitivity from Push 1?
You can from Push 1, yes. Since Beta 9.5.1b3.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:54 pm

sowhoso wrote:
starving student wrote:I have a push 2 but unopened in the box/returnable...I'm really contemplating the minutia.
stop the waffling and open it already
:D
Make some music!

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Roscoe once told me that waffling is truly underrated .

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:36 am

I had no valid reason to buy Push 2 really. Push 1 was working fine for me.

Still traded my Push 1 last week though :D

I bought my Push 1 second hand for $400 and traded it for $330 off the price of Push 2 so I figure $70 for 6 months usage is a pretty good deal.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:10 am

cskracer wrote:I had no valid reason to buy Push 2 really. Push 1 was working fine for me.

Still traded my Push 1 last week though :D

I bought my Push 1 second hand for $400 and traded it for $330 off the price of Push 2 so I figure $70 for 6 months usage is a pretty good deal.
this is the most meaningful reason I've read to get rid of the original Push

Edit: typo
Last edited by H20nly on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 am

I'm afraid I'll have to report a reason to buy Push 2. My sincere apologies.

If you have a Standard license of Live 9 like I did, by buying Push 2 you also get a full Suite license as part of the package - at least in Australia. Very nice surprise. Thanks Ableton!

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I think that's a waaaay out back deal only but congrats man that's great.

Morn

Post by Morn » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 pm

cskracer wrote:I'm afraid I'll have to report a reason to buy Push 2. My sincere apologies.

If you have a Standard license of Live 9 like I did, by buying Push 2 you also get a full Suite license as part of the package - at least in Australia. Very nice surprise. Thanks Ableton!
Perhaps your dealer simply handed you the wrong box. It's a difference about 500 credits (whatever your currency is) to the Suite pack.
Lucky you!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:20 pm

^ yep. lucky you.
Morn wrote:about 500 credits

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:33 am

Early Christmas present! Thought it seemed strange.

I have to say having the waveform on the screen and the knobs to hand is a lot of fun on the Push 2. I never really spent much time playing with samples before, but blew a whole evening just noodling around with them last night.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 am

cskracer wrote:I'm afraid I'll have to report a reason to buy Push 2. My sincere apologies.
This is not the place to report this. Didn't you read and understand the subject "Reasons for keeping Push 1, please add yours". Please start your own thread or discuss in another existing one.

I'm more than happy with staying with Push 1 now that PXT Live has been updated for 9.5. There's certainly a lot of more important musical things to spend money on too. I view Push 2 as the natural tool for someone not owning a Push 1 wanting to go all in. Depending on circumstances a Push 1 could be a usable tool on the second hand market. Everyone can win.
Make some music!

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:16 am

Stromkraft wrote:
cskracer wrote: This is not the place to report this. Didn't you read and understand the subject "Reasons for keeping Push 1, please add yours". Please start your own thread or discuss in another existing one.
Woah. Calm down my friend. Is this such a serious forum that a bit of light hearted jest is frowned upon?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:30 am

cskracer wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
cskracer wrote: This is not the place to report this. Didn't you read and understand the subject "Reasons for keeping Push 1, please add yours". Please start your own thread or discuss in another existing one.
Woah. Calm down my friend. Is this such a serious forum that a bit of light hearted jest is frowned upon?
The OP would like you to know that he would appreciate if you stay on topic as a courtesy. Nothing is frowned upon of course. Just corrected. Keep things where they belong. Kidnapping a thread is not appreciated. Why did you expect it to be?
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:30 am

Here's a few things I can spend money on instead of a Push 2 which will cost me about $550 with rebate and VAT:

For instance: See what I mean? I already have a Push. A Push 2 has to be weighed against stuff like that above, that you can get instead.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!