iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:51 pm

beats me wrote:Holy shit. They removed the "show in iTunes" button from iOS Apple Music. So if I'm listening to a song I want to buy I need to switch to iTunes manually and type it in or Shazam it with my iPhone. Who is behind this "lets make it more difficult for people to spend money" innovation. Fucking idiots. :x

I think I figured out the diabolical reason Apple would do that. They would rather you just add tracks to your library from your Apple Music subscription so you’ll be trapped in the subscription because if you cancel it a lot of your library will disappear. Even though I subscribe there isn’t anything I would miss if I cancel because I still buy the songs I really like and barring a (likely) massive glitch I shouldn’t lose those songs if I cancel. :x

Actually I wouldn’t put it past Apple to kill iTunes all together “because that’s where the industry is at”. The future will be you never own anything digital without a subscription. :x

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:50 pm

beats me wrote:barring a (likely) massive glitch I shouldn’t lose those songs if I cancel.
My sweet summer child... :roll:

You would't technically lose your songs (because that would be fucking fraud from Apple) but the (probably intentional) "bug", shuffling all your cloud based, downloaded and ripped songs around, deleting some songs or creating double entries for no apparent reason whatsoever will fuck up your neatly organized library so much beyond repair that you'll just say fuck it, delete everything, get an iPhone 6s with 16 GB of internal storage and use the subscription-based Apple Music.

Been there. Done that.

And that's exactly what they want (except for the 16 GB part, they still like it when you overpay for non-upgradeable storage). :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:06 am

beats me wrote:Holy shit. They removed the "show in iTunes" button from iOS Apple Music. So if I'm listening to a song I want to buy I need to switch to iTunes manually and type it in or Shazam it with my iPhone. Who is behind this "lets make it more difficult for people to spend money" innovation. Fucking idiots. :x
:x

'complete my album' seems to be in on hiatus too :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:20 am

THE END IS NIGH
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:20 am

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:03 am

A huge bunch of apps were udated last night with Link, all the Korg apps, TriqTraq, etc.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Nice. I have about 4 of the supported apps 8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Tarekith wrote:A huge bunch of apps were udated last night with Link, all the Korg apps, TriqTraq, etc.

Have any favorites that you can't do the same or better with desktop software?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Well I can put TriqTraq in my pocket and make music anywhere, where as when I try that with the MBP I get funny looks :) I mean, really with Live on the computer or Auria on the iPad, you can do pretty much anything sonically I feel. So for me it's less about the output, and more about the forms of input.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Tarekith wrote:Well I can put TriqTraq in my pocket and make music anywhere, where as when I try that with the MBP I get funny looks :) I mean, really with Live on the computer or Auria on the iPad, you can do pretty much anything sonically I feel. So for me it's less about the output, and more about the forms of input.
People who post they are making music at a coffee shop get funny looks from me reading their post.

I’m never really in the situation or headspace to make music on the go, but link makes sense for that scenario.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:55 pm

I mostly do it on my deck, or in the woods near my house sitting on a bench. I could never make music in a coffee shop with other people around.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 pm

As I live in an apartment complex I can’t work on music on my balcony for similar reasons you can’t work on music in a coffee shop. Don’t need to be in the spotlight with people thinking I’m staring down at their quinceañera party for hours while trying to compete with the noise level.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:59 pm

You should just book a cheap round-trip flight to somewhere that takes a couple hours to get to and work that way. Then you can get into a conversation to the person next to you and you don't even need to tell them you're going to a gig, just that flying gives you the best inspiration.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 pm

I’d be about as comfortable working on music on a plane as I would in a crowded elevator or public restroom. I’m my case that means not comfortable. I know others probably have no issues with those environments for working on music.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:59 am

My 128G drive is almost full on my iPad. :)

And I hardly have any music on it. :)

It's because I'm lazy about deleting apps. :)

And app sizes are massively ballooning without any real noticeable improvement to justify the drive suck. :)