Visibility Pin

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
REkz

Visibility Pin

Post by REkz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Ableton Developer Crew,

I suggest effects have a 'pin' that keeps open ANY effect that you need to see regardless of which track you are on.

Another way to do it would allow us hitting the pin (or draging the effect) to put a copy of the effect on a 'always visible' track (or something like that). Maybe even Ableton can be minimized away (since it can be completely triggered w/Midi or KB) and only the Visible Track be viewable?

If that always visible track was overloaded w/too many things, maybe the effects might shrink or get a scroll bar or soemthing (we pick!!! Give us options).

** LIVE DEVELOPERS, many people have multiple screen monitors now. To make all our effects pop up and vanish constantly is perhaps not the best or easiest way for us to work. **

Use that screen real-estate! Let us 'pin' our plugins so they don't vanish when we select another track!

Here's another idea: Another window (with it's own little > arrow) that shows or hides the plugins which are selected to be visible on the 'always visible plugin rack', or something like that. Makes sense, yes?

But as has been noted multiple times, spectrum (and other plugins where perhaps all relevant parameters have not been midi-mapped) might be handy to have ALWAYS available?

Thanks for a great app. I was satisfied w/v5. Can you make Max for Live backwards compatible? HA HA

friend_kami

Re: Visibility Pin

Post by friend_kami » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 pm

REkz wrote:Ableton Developer Crew,

I suggest effects have a 'pin' that keeps open ANY effect that you need to see regardless of which track you are on.

Another way to do it would allow us hitting the pin (or draging the effect) to put a copy of the effect on a 'always visible' track (or something like that). Maybe even Ableton can be minimized away (since it can be completely triggered w/Midi or KB) and only the Visible Track be viewable?

If that always visible track was overloaded w/too many things, maybe the effects might shrink or get a scroll bar or soemthing (we pick!!! Give us options).

** LIVE DEVELOPERS, many people have multiple screen monitors now. To make all our effects pop up and vanish constantly is perhaps not the best or easiest way for us to work. **

Use that screen real-estate! Let us 'pin' our plugins so they don't vanish when we select another track!

Here's another idea: Another window (with it's own little > arrow) that shows or hides the plugins which are selected to be visible on the 'always visible plugin rack', or something like that. Makes sense, yes?

But as has been noted multiple times, spectrum (and other plugins where perhaps all relevant parameters have not been midi-mapped) might be handy to have ALWAYS available?

Thanks for a great app. I was satisfied w/v5. Can you make Max for Live backwards compatible? HA HA
id like a pin too, especially if its midi mappable. select a device with your controllor, and pinning it using your controller aswell. yum.

hydrogen

Post by hydrogen » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:43 am

visibility pin would be amazing.
Also mapping to a button would be amazing too.

seizurespalace

Post by seizurespalace » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:16 pm

I completely agree, a pin would be amazing. I first tried it in Studio One 2.0 and fell in love with the idea. Ableton has some great programmers, so I have no doubt that they can do it, I'm just hoping they've already started working on it. Ableton 10 w/ pins ftw.