What annoys you about Push 2?

Discuss Push with other users.
recyclinglostcities

Re: What annoys you about Push 2?

Post by recyclinglostcities » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Tarekith wrote:The elektrons have a few things like this, the MD used to flash a picture of Elvis saying "the machine is alright" or something randomly on start up.

Actually, I think you only see Elvis if the machine boots up after an error. I've seen him one or twice on my MDUW after some kind of SNAFU.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:07 pm

The elektron guys said its programmed to do that when certain conditions are met, but no one has figured it out yet. A few people thought it was based on the number of times you turned the MD on, but no one has figured out the magic number yet.

The OT displays a rabbit on Easter too.

reptilazio

Post by reptilazio » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:28 pm

The fact that Ableton promotes Push 2 as being able to control all the parameters of Live's native devices, yet there are things like the looping envelopes in Operator that still require mouse control, is a little misleading. I can understand why routing and some functions still require a mouse, but it's kind of a bummer to discover parameters with actual musical applications are unavailable.

o i wish in future updates all the native parameters of live will be on push 2 that will make it a real instrument

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:02 am

I just bit the bullet finally and bought the Push 2 yesterday and love it.

BUT! .....if there is one very annoying thing right out of the box, then it´s the ridiculous short power cable! It´s barely a meter long. /sigh

Seriously! I have seen this time and again. Is it really that hard to ship a proper length power cable?

AKROC

Post by AKROC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:23 am

Slice to pad mode blows. Always accidentally creates new slices when chopping samples quickly.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:if there is one very annoying thing right out of the box, then it´s the ridiculous short power cable! It´s barely a meter long. /sigh

Seriously! I have seen this time and again. Is it really that hard to ship a proper length power cable?
it's probably geared somewhat toward the laptop user. having a cable that is too long is annoying. that and it's cheaper... for Ableton... to ship it with a shorter cable.

but yeah, the length of the cable with Push is kind of a joke. i have about a ten foot cable that connects my version 1 to my iMac.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:27 am

AKROC wrote:Slice to pad mode blows. Always accidentally creates new slices when chopping samples quickly.
elaborate?

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:00 pm

starving student wrote:
AKROC wrote:Slice to pad mode blows. Always accidentally creates new slices when chopping samples quickly.
elaborate?
You can slice by transients,
You can change slice sensitivity,
You can manually slice to pads,
You have several playback modes,
You can slice to drum rack,
BUT you CANNOT slice to BEATS!

WHY??

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:52 pm

I see... thank you.