What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:44 pm

Was it the latest Dragon Age where you not only had to manage your own inventory and skills, but also those of your sidekicks? And you could also move those sidekicks in and out of your rotation too. That made me :x :x :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:50 pm

A lot of the old RPG's are like that, or worse. I get it though, some people like that sort of play. I prefer a bit less inventory diving and more story myself.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

yeah, but before you could manage your sidekicks' inventories there were games where you could not... and gamers complained about that.

two things you can count on coming from gamers
1. Money
2. Complaints

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I love an iOS game that gives you the option to watch an ad to win shit or advance faster and when the ad is over it says it lost sync and you are rewarded with jack shit. Never a problem serving up the ad, possibly the most stable part of the app. :x

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:41 am

I often wonder if iOS devices drop wifi frequently to conserve battery life.

I have a lotttttttt of iritating experiences. It has gotten to the point where if something will not load, I'll turn my wifi button off and on.

If anyone has any tips, that'd be great :P happens most commonly on YouTube and Facebook.

Oh, and games, still digging' SF:IV, pumped for SF:V, but my laptop cannot handle it so gracefully :/
Desktop or ps4? Hmmmmm (desktop means I can do more Live processing, and try out KI when it is out on PC later)

As for iOS games. I keep trying things until I'm convinced my freetime is being destroyed. Kicked a Boom Beach binge last year. I try things, but I am always let down by their tactics to keep you active and developing things. I enjoy games where you level up with personal skill, rather than with rewards and ingame gains.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:55 am

^ check out Prune. Super sweet iOS game, IMO

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 am

Playing The Room 3 now, it's like the first two except you add a 1 or 2 to the end of the name.

djenix1

Post by djenix1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Alien isolation :mrgreen:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Always been a big fan of the Alien franchise, and that one sounded especially interesting. I'll need to check that out...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Sony is dumb.

I thought I should add a blueray player to my living room entertainment system because I still get discs in the mail from Netflix for new releases I refuse to pay for directly. Maybe that new Jennifer Aniston movie is surprisingly good. I’m still not going to pay for it directly. Then I thought the blueray player should have streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Common enough. Then I remember Sony bragging at the launch of the PS4 that soon you’ll be able to stream your PS4 to other Sony hardware on the same network. I guess well over 2 years later “soon” hasn’t happened because that still isn’t available on any of their blueray players. I’d pay like $50 more for that feature that would cost Sony about $1.70 to include. But they’re too busy pimping their PS Now service that still doesn’t work by most people’s account.

Sony is dumb.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Isn't the PS4 a blueray player anyway?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:32 pm

The PS4 is in my bedroom where I would be playing it most of the time, but it would be fun to play games in the living room on the projector from time to time.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:41 pm

The PS4 is not a great media center. The Xbox One cleans the floor with it in that regard. I own the PS4 only for exclusives like Uncharted and Last of Us and that's it.

The X1 has an HDMI Thru, which is great for sending the AppleTV into it. There's some redundancy between the X1 and ATV but having both on one input covers all the media needs one could probably have.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:47 am

Tarekith wrote:Isn't the PS4 a blueray player anyway?
So this comment, which I blew off, coupled with the fact that I've repeatedly said in here that I'm not a gamer made me realize the error of my ways. I took the PS4 out of my room and moved it to the living room. I don't know what the diagonal length of the projection is but the width is 8 ft. You don't have to be a gamer to go holy amazeballs when playing at that scale. :)

Still doesn't excuse Sony from not delivering on their promise that you would be able to stream your PS4 to their hardware on the same network. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 am

Whats the resolution of your projector? Or is it one of those old rgb ones :p
ImageImage