'Melodics' - FREE finger drumming lessons (Ableton partner)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: 'Melodics' - FREE finger drumming lessons (Ableton partner)

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:31 pm

Tarekith wrote:
login wrote:Can get it to output audio on windows using an RME Fireface UC, lack of audio options is anoying.
Same here with my Hilo, no matter what I do the audio always comes out super quiet through my laptop speakers. OSX system is set to use the Hilo, and all my other apps work fine. Bummer, this looks pretty cool.

EDIT:

Cancel that, after a couple restarts of my laptop, now it's working fine.

EDIT #2:

Actually, previewing a lesson's audio works fine through my Hilo, but the actual lessons are still only coming out the laptop speakers :( I'll send a bug report to Melodics...
i'm not at home right now or i'd look but i think Melodics might be browser based. this is probably something daft like a Silverlight or Java update or some such.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 am

No idea, I'm fully up to date on everything though. Oh well, it's a really great app, hopefully their support has some ideas for me.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Tarekith wrote:No idea, I'm fully up to date on everything though. Oh well, it's a really great app, hopefully their support has some ideas for me.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one seeing this. I thought it was something to do its th config and I could not find anything outside of selecting a controller. Seems like a great piece of software for learning different types of rhythms for different styles which I think is great cuz then you can mix and match stuff to come up with your own spin (although like most of you, I'd be happy to be able to drum 2-4 bars worth of something interesting).

Here's hoping we see an update soon to fix this.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

MrCravon

Post by MrCravon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:58 am

I have been using the free version for a few days now and i am definitely improving my skills. I have encountered an issue though. As I am playing on my Push after 20 minutes or so my pads suddenly become less sensitive and I have to hit them really hard. I have to restart Melodics and push to get back to normal. Anyone else seeing this? Is it Melodics or do you think my Push is faulty?

vibhor

Post by vibhor » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:21 pm

This application is cool. I was already a 'PADIMAL' as they say because I usually start with the Drum Pattern and then to the melodies and harms. etc. Scored 100 like 99% of the time and the rest I dont think its worth another try as the new lessons just dont want you to stop but like explore and explore and I am good with some 97-98's too as its also a good score to me.

the issues they could look into from my point of view is
1. Push's Play button Instead of Space-bar.
2. I think Browse on the Push should be the lesson browser.
3. Further more tagging to just go for the Genre you are interested into like allotting tag based lessons.
4. Push's BPM knob (I dont know what you guys call it but I call it as the BPM knob). should be associated with the BPM on with the pattern window for both Practice and for Performance.
5. I think they should give a white light to the Pads which are to be triggered or furthermore if they could adding the Color Scheme to the buttons like for example Red for Kick and White for Snare and so on.
6. they should add the preview option of the lesson to the select or may be to any button which sounds like to give a Preview.
7. and most important the velocity strip to scroll down the lessons.
8. Main volume knob as the Volume knob for the overall volume of the playing.

:wink: 8) :) :) 8) 8) :wink:

There are some couple of more things in my mind but I just dont want to mess it up so soon, but yeah if these gets implemented its still a tight integration.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 am

^ don't take my comment as implying your ideas are not great... but...

...Push is like 1 out of a hundred controllers they support. essentially, there is no profit in spending the amount of time it would take to create such deep integration for a product they are probably mostly giving away for free. based on his thread alone, they have 2 actual customers and the rest (like me) are freeloaders

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:05 am

I never heard back from their support after sending two requests, kinda frustrating.
Tarekith

vibhor

Post by vibhor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:31 pm

H20nly wrote:^ don't take my comment as implying your ideas are not great... but...

...Push is like 1 out of a hundred controllers they support. essentially, there is no profit in spending the amount of time it would take to create such deep integration for a product they are probably mostly giving away for free. based on his thread alone, they have 2 actual customers and the rest (like me) are freeloaders

I am wondering what if they could work on it and well there are many guys who pay like I am having some E-mail conversation with Sam and going to subscribe them soon because its not that expensive and I could just imagine if these guys be giving free lessons so good already wonder how good the subscription would be and then there comes a name "Spinscott" I could just imagine his jungle lesson would be hella lit. But yeah to sustain one should give a tight integration but I can't expect more when its a young company which is still developing so I have high hopes.

vibhor

Post by vibhor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Tarekith wrote:I never heard back from their support after sending two requests, kinda frustrating.
Thats unusual because I got a reply form them in may be the 1 day or 2 I guess...

MrCravon

Post by MrCravon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm

vibhor wrote:
Tarekith wrote:I never heard back from their support after sending two requests, kinda frustrating.
Thats unusual because I got a reply form them in may be the 1 day or 2 I guess...
Same here, Sam got back to me quite fast, and the excellent customer service combined with the frequency that they roll out updates and bug fixes instilled confidence which made me take the leap and subscribe.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:21 pm

@ T - check your junk mail??

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Of course. Oh well, not a big deal to me ultimately, glad to hear other's had good support.
Tarekith

briahsdad

Post by briahsdad » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 am

Everytime I try to open it , it crashes my system. Macbook Pro i7 quad-core, 16gb RAM, SSD, but somehow it just cannot work. :cry:

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:37 am

It was cool for a while but despite me having a top of the line brand new MacBook Pro it was running very slow, often stuttering which obviously completely threw me out of the flow.

CapcomNinja

Post by CapcomNinja » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 am

The Ableton Promo Code is: ABLETON-VIP

There's a whole load of others available too here

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/ ... omo_codes/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8)