export audio DISASTER (SOLVED)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PlainJaneFrancis

export audio DISASTER (SOLVED)

Post by PlainJaneFrancis » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi all.

I'm mixing down a song in ableton to have it mastered. When I play the song in ableton, everything sounds as it should. However when I export it, the kick drum has this metallic ringing noise to it. Which is completely absent in ableton. I've eq'd the kick several different ways now, trying to isolate the problem. But it seems, something is going wrong when ableton exports it.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've been mixing in ableton for years now and this is the first time I've encountered an issue like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by PlainJaneFrancis on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Re: export audio DISASTER

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:18 pm

Can you set a track input to be Resampling the Master, and record it correctly that way?

PlainJaneFrancis

Post by PlainJaneFrancis » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Tarekith wrote:Can you set a track input to be Resampling the Master, and record it correctly that way?
great question!

Just resampled right now, and again, in ableton it sounds great. then I export it and there's this really present ringing noise.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Well, in the short term you can just drag that resampled version out of Live and still use it. I'd contact support@ableton.com though, see if maybe they have any ideas.

PlainJaneFrancis

Post by PlainJaneFrancis » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:09 pm

USER ERROR

just messed around with audio sample rates, and apparently if i export at a higher sample rate the sound is fine... which is interesting because all the sounds were recorded in a lower sample rate and it's the same sample rate I've mixed my music for years... whatever the case, problem solved!

beats me

Re: export audio DISASTER (SOLVED)

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Auto dither!!! This should be talked about at great length and in the most academic of terms.