Ableton 9.5 - sample ends too early?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djdizzy216

Ableton 9.5 - sample ends too early?

Post by djdizzy216 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:13 am

I'm using Drum Rack and loading one shots into the pads to create a drum loop but the end result sounds as if I put a transient shaper on it. I resampled the Drum Rack MIDI clip to see the audio waveforms and the one shots appear to be ending early, there are little gaps of silence at the end of each one shot. This can be seen on the green-highlighted audio track below.

When I arrange the one shots on an audio track instead, it sounds perfect. if you look at the resampled audio track, you'll see that it doesn't have the gap of silence, it's exactly the way I want it to be. This can be seen on the yellow-highlighted audio track (the very last track in the picture).

The snapshot of the one shot sample in Drum Rack looks like the end is faded out. I see that "Fade Out" is set to 0.10ms as shown in the picture below. However if I set it to 0.00ms, it doesn't change anything. The "fade out" part of the one shot is still there as shown below.

djdizzy216

Re: Ableton 9.5 - sample ends too early?

Post by djdizzy216 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:22 am

I found the problem and wanted to reply with it in case anybody else has this issue and is confused by iy.

I pulled up a Drum Rack from an old project I made with Ableton 9.0 and compared it to this Ableton 9.5 Drum Rack. It's the "snap" feature that was causing this to happen, I disabled the "snap" feature and the one shot's waveform goes to the end like it should now.

I guess Ableton 9.5's Drum Racks enable the "snap" feature by default, previous versions don't do this by default.