Zebra GUI Redesign

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
XSIMan

Zebra GUI Redesign

Post by XSIMan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Zebra Modular Massive

Only just discovered this new skin for Zebra not just your usual re colour but a huge re design improving how one uses it. Also comes with a version for Dark Zebra which gives us a proper module GUI for the DIVA filters. It's not free though it's $30 and more than worth it also comes with presets.

Demo here http://plugmon.org/massive-modular-has-been-released/

Forum http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e824803972

Last edited by XSIMan on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

tedlogan

Re: Zebra Modular Massive

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 pm

It is a very lovely and functional skin with good separation and clearly labeled modules.

But I'm gonna wait and see what u-he is gonna do with their own Z2 skin overhaul. I use ZebraHZ default darkblue which I like anyways, having used a modified higher contrast Redux skin prior to that. I stopped using the latter as the GUI lags for some reason when at 160%.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Zebra 3 wont be out for at least another year. u-he was researching an analogue filter for Zebra 3 and have decided to turn that into a full mono synth. They continue with Zebra research. Pro One synth will be out as a beta in April.

Last edited by XSIMan on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:12 pm

I know it won't - I was talking about Zebra 2's skin update.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:15 pm

tedlogan wrote:I know it won't - I was talking about Zebra 2's skin update.
I didn't know they were doing one I know they have made better res versions and resizable. It would make sense for them to try optional gui redesigns for Zebra 2 to get feed back ready for Zebra 3. Urs mentioned on his facebook how much he likes the Plugmon Massive GUI.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:18 pm

XSIMan wrote:
tedlogan wrote:I know it won't - I was talking about Zebra 2's skin update.
I didn't know they were doing one I know they have made better res versions and resizable. It would make sense for them to try optional guo redesigns for Zebra 2 to get feed back ready for Zebra 3.
Urs has mentioned it here and there amongst some of the discussions over at KVR. I think perhaps the "Improvements" and/or "Zebra 3 info" sticky threads. Not too sure. I guess it can possibly not happen for many months though.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:05 am

Urs has said this week that Zebra some time in the future will get a minor GUI update but it wont be anywhere near the makeover Plugmon Massive or Redux gives it. Only Zebra 3 will get a GUI re design. U-he posted on their Facebook the Plugmon GUI so they must like it. There's a blue theme version of Plugmon Massive coming out and a wider version with more columns when the sale of it hits 512.