new to Ab9 and need a little help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MichaelAtlas

new to Ab9 and need a little help

Post by MichaelAtlas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:22 am

I have Ableton 9 and want to export a single midi track while keeping the instrument effect. I can't seem to do this. I can get a wav. file but it always reverts to base instrument. can anyone give me some guidance please? as I have already stated I am a nube so that is clear from the get go. as such do not spend any time giving me crap about being a nube, unless it is accompanied by "sound" advice.
thanks guys

mrgrim3

Re: new to Ab9 and need a little help

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:28 am

im not sure on what you mean honestly

like you are trying to export the midi clip with a synth and it goes to the basic piano general midi sound instead of the synth sound ?

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:43 am

MichaelAtlas wrote:do not spend any time giving me crap about being a nube, unless it is accompanied by "sound" advice.
:x

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:46 am

smutek wrote:
MichaelAtlas wrote:do not spend any time giving me crap about being a nube, unless it is accompanied by "sound" advice.
:x
this is actually very understandable for him to write in his message

i imagine him posting on some other forum and the regular users derail his thread or instigate an argument to get the newer user angry

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 am

It's like, asking for someone if they have jumper cables when your car won't start, then adding "and don't be a dick about it" to the end.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:33 am

smutek wrote:It's like, asking for someone if they have jumper cables when your car won't start, then adding "and don't be a dick about it" to the end.
if youre willing to give help you should atleast not be a dick about it imo and if youre not you should shut the fuck up

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:53 am

mrgrim3 wrote:if youre willing to give help you should atleast not be a dick about it imo and if youre not you should shut the fuck up
:lol:

chrk

Post by chrk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:08 am

MichaelAtlas wrote:as I have already stated I am a nube so that is clear from the get go. as such do not spend any time giving me crap about being a nube, unless it is accompanied by "sound" advice.
Looks like you have created yourself the perfect self fulfilling prophecy here. If you had left that last bit out, you would have gotten more replies like mrgrim3's: asking for more information.

What instrument are you using?
What are you trying to get out of the export, a wav- or a mid-file?
What exactly are you exporting now and by which method?

Help us to help you.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:18 am

smutek wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:if youre willing to give help you should atleast not be a dick about it imo and if youre not you should shut the fuck up
its like im not even trying to single you out dude thats just how i feel about places like this in general like you help or you dont and the dude has one post too and we are being dicks in it because you were unhelpful on purpose

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:54 am

mrgrim3 wrote:
smutek wrote:
its like im not even trying to single you out dude thats just how i feel about places like this in general like you help or you dont and the dude has one post too and we are being dicks in it because you were unhelpful on purpose
Okay, here's the thing, I really do think the "help me but don't be a dick, unless you help me" questions are bad form. I mean, just ask the question and people will help. It's not a good idea to let the people from whom you're asking help know that you think they are likely going to be assholes.

I pointed out the irony of that with a quote and a Mr. Wong face, maybe it was dickish on my part, I don't know. I do know that I don't come to this forum with the intent of being a dick to random strangers, I come here to read threads and help out where I can.

Anyway, no hard feelings on my end.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:58 am

mrgrim3 wrote:
smutek wrote:
and you didnt even try to help

exactly !

fuck off to kvr or gearslutz with that shit !

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:04 am

"look mom im shitposting a guys thread" - smutek

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:05 am

mrgrim3 wrote:fuck off to kvr or gearslutz with that shit !
Right on, bro. :lol:

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:13 am

smutek wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:fuck off to kvr or gearslutz with that shit !
Right on, bro. :lol:
so you think its ok to troll new users?

just because they are new with 1 post?

people like you should be banned from the forum

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:14 am

Are you drunk?