Export multiple tracks at once

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pasha

Export multiple tracks at once

Post by Pasha » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:52 pm

Live 9.5 here.
My Project-->Mixdown-->Master workflow at some point needs me to import all stereo mixed down tracks to a different project where I work with all the stereo tracks in the album to harmonize the sound, volume and EQ of every track.
However not all tracks are the same length, so after exporting all tracks I need to cut the silence out.
Is there a way to export all tracks in a way that tracks of different length are exported precisely without padded silence?
If not possible is there an automated workflow of some kind with any other tool that can automate the silence at the end cut?

Best Regards
Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

SuburbanThug

Re: Export multiple tracks at once

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:04 pm

For only five dollars per track I will cut out the silence for you.

Theotherdj@hotmail.com

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:48 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:For only five dollars per track I will cut out the silence for you.

Theotherdj@hotmail.com
Nice price... :D
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Why do you need to cut the silence out?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Tarekith wrote:Why do you need to cut the silence out?
Tarekith, first of all I'm so happy to get in contact again! As you know, your teachings, blog and posts got me to learn mix-down and mastering with Ableton transforming a bunch of errors into a sound Mix and Master (at least ok for me. I am not a pro).

Let me rephrase my post:

Usually I mix down every Project at 0db and -6db and export a wave file.
Then when I have let's say,10 Projects, I have 10 songs for a new album.
I then import all waves files in a new Project with 10 tracks, each one for song (and warp disabled).
I perform the usual stuff and try to equalize all tracks in the same way and apply a 'Mastering FX' so they sound homogeneous.
When finished I export all tracks (aka songs) of the album but some are 4 minutes, some 5 minutes, some 3.50 minutes long.
So if I export all tracks using the export option in Ableton I have 10 tracks of different length, padded to the longest track,
with silence. Then usually I open Audacity and cut the silence so that the 4 minutes song lasts 4 minutes and so on.
Then Audacity it's used to export mp3 files and my workflow is over. I'm looking for a way to export the tracks of the right length in an automated fashion.

Hope it's clearer now.
Thanks again for reply.

Cheers
Pasha
Mac Studio M1