iConnectAudio4+

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Korhan

iConnectAudio4+

Post by Korhan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 am

Hi there,

As I am using my iPad more and more as an instrument / sampler / signal processor than a MIDI controller, I have been considering the iConnectAudio4+ to route audio into the iPad (microphone, external synths, etc) and send the iPad output to outboard effects processors.

Apart from MIDI routing and connecting external MIDI controllers to control iPad apps as well as Ableton Live/Max/Audiomulch, I plan to use the box primarily for running external audio to/through iPad apps like Borderlands, Samplr, Fieldscraper, etc.

My questions are:

- how good are the preamps? (I'm not a perfectionist and am aware that the unit is not that expensive)
- how is latency? (both for audio inputs and audio pass-thru)
- any issues/problems?
- any alternatives that provide the same functionality?

Thank you.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

paradiddle

Re: iConnectAudio4+

Post by paradiddle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi,

Got one about a month ago. I love it. I think the latency is minimal. pass-tru is great. Sounds really clean in my headphones( ath-m50) As far as the pre-amps, I think they sound good but the only other card I have with pre-amps is an octacapture. Maybe an expert could chime in. I use exactly the same software setup like you (ableton/max 7/audiomulch) and personally I think it's one of the best piece of gear I got recently. Extremely flexible. Route midi and audio everywhere. I don't think there's anything similar.

The only I big issue I know of right now is this: http://www.iconnectivity.com/blog/ios-9 ... ary-9-2016

Read on, it says that the beta of each os seems to fix that.

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Thank you paradiddle.

That issue won't affect me as I am still on Yosemite and will not upgrade as long as I can manage. I think Apple is digging its own grave with these annual OS updates.

Best,
Korhan
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 pm

I think the preamps are pretty god. I own a Saffire Pro 40, Apogee One, Apogee GIO, Propellerheads Balance, and Zoom h4n. The preamps in the iConnectAUDIO4+ are comparable to the Saffire Pro 40. I've not had any issues so far and latency has never been a problem. For the price, the preamps are great.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel