Push 2 is stuck on logo screen

Discuss Push with other users.
ObtuseMoose

Re: Push 2 is stuck on logo screen

Post by ObtuseMoose » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 pm

S4racen wrote:Yesterday mine was due to the USB not being fully in...
Same here. When my Push2 arrived, I first tried using a USB cable that was already plugged into my hub. It LOOKED like it was fully plugged in, and it FELT like it was fully plugged in, but things weren't working. So I switched to the cable supplied with the Push. When I plugged it in, I could tell it went in farther than the other cable and everything started working normally.

The USB connector on the back of Push2 is recessed a bit farther than normal, so the outer shell of the cable end has to fit through the hole in the Push case. It's a close fit with the cable supplied with the unit, so make sure it's plugged in all the way.

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

soundgeorge

Post by soundgeorge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks Eric M. Blasting Push2 from Audio Midi Settings, then reboot, and presto! Push2 found and firmware update worked, then working well!

JPacker555

Post by JPacker555 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:36 am

Bobbyandreano wrote:I was confused by this at first having experienced the same issue. I found that I just didn't have the USB cable pushed in all the way. The port hole is tight but just big enough to fit to connector's plastic surrounding. Try pushing it in farther as it may not be seated all the way. If only partially seated I got the logo screen but not full connectivity.
This right here!!! This should be stickied to avoid further confusion

tester

Post by tester » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 pm

thank your for the hint with the usb connection that needs to be pushed deeper. That solved it for me

jsn

Post by jsn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi guys

Push 2 out of the box and on the desk now. Wouldn't you know it, it is not loading past Push logo. I have tried everything I am able to find on the forums and even under Support docs on Ableton's website yet still I only get a logo. I have tried both the current official release of 9.5 as well as the new beta and both are the same result. I am using Win 7 and Live in 32-bit.

- That strange USB cable IS plugged ALL the way in and I see the drivers load down in the sys tray when the unit is turned on.
- Besides the Logo on the display, I see a single led dot on the strip and when I move this, or any other knob in Live I see that the MIDI indicator flashes at the top right of Live's interface.
- I've tried all combos of opening Live first THEN powering on the unit, Powering up the unit THEN Live. etc

THANKS for any more tips you might have. I find it odd that it's working for all of you after the steps you've tried here... not me. Disappointing on a work night :( Anyway, thanks for any tips.
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP

ddashfens

Post by ddashfens » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:59 am

jsn wrote:Hi guys

Push 2 out of the box and on the desk now. Wouldn't you know it, it is not loading past Push logo. I have tried everything I am able to find on the forums and even under Support docs on Ableton's website yet still I only get a logo. I have tried both the current official release of 9.5 as well as the new beta and both are the same result. I am using Win 7 and Live in 32-bit.

- That strange USB cable IS plugged ALL the way in and I see the drivers load down in the sys tray when the unit is turned on.
- Besides the Logo on the display, I see a single led dot on the strip and when I move this, or any other knob in Live I see that the MIDI indicator flashes at the top right of Live's interface.
- I've tried all combos of opening Live first THEN powering on the unit, Powering up the unit THEN Live. etc

THANKS for any more tips you might have. I find it odd that it's working for all of you after the steps you've tried here... not me. Disappointing on a work night :( Anyway, thanks for any tips.
Not sure if you tried these....

* Make sure you are not plugged into a hub (powered or passive). It works some of the time for me, and other times not. It may have to do with my next suggestion...

* USB3 ports don't seem to work. I tried like crazy to get it to work, and after finally getting frustrated from trying all the suggestions I could find online I (randomly) plugged it into a USB 2 port. And voila - it lit up and I was on my way.

Hope this helps!

jsn

Post by jsn » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:36 am

ddashfens wrote:
jsn wrote:Hi guys

Not sure if you tried these....

* Make sure you are not plugged into a hub (powered or passive). It works some of the time for me, and other times not. It may have to do with my next suggestion...

* USB3 ports don't seem to work. I tried like crazy to get it to work, and after finally getting frustrated from trying all the suggestions I could find online I (randomly) plugged it into a USB 2 port. And voila - it lit up and I was on my way.

Hope this helps!
it DOES help A LOT, or WOULD HAVE rather ;) But too late. I got it working now because I discovered the same exact thing. It does not work on my USB 3.0 ports. Only my 2.0. It seems we discovered this simultaneously because I only got it working last night. That is the last thing I would ever suspect but I was on the verge of sending it back. Glad I didn't have to do that. But I need to thank an excellent support staff at Ableton for patiently and diligently working with me over the past week or so. EXCELLENT service.

Jonjons

Post by Jonjons » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I had the same problem - stuck on logo screen, pads working but no display, USB cable plugged in properly. Turned out to be an issue with the MIDI Sync Preferences (which I don't fully understand). Set Push2 as input and output in the upper panel and it woke up. Seems to be working normally now.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

Ive done everything, i mean everything ! but my push 2 only start up if it wants, and thats rare, if i start one of my projects up its a matter of luck if push 2 will work. ive followed all instructions on able push 2 help, read all posts i forums, done it all, and yes, ive send bug reports en mass. Im running the latest beta, live is stable now, but this push 2 stuff with a blank screen or logo screen, and the cpu mayhem in 9.5 is making me nuts...

one thing that work the most is starting a new empty project, then load an instrument... but again i want to work on my ongoing projects with push 2, and thats not possible 9 out of 10 times

win 10, 64 bit, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

http://lovelight.biz/

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 pm

maybe this is working, it works so far for me ( win 10 64 bit) : right click the Live start logo, before running Live, and untick the compatibility for running this program with Windows 8

it seems to work with every projects i open so far :)

after 3 hours work, opent and shut down alot of projects, not a single problem with Push 2 ,im very happy :)

win 10, 64 bit, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

http://lovelight.biz/

4T

Post by 4T » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:30 am

Tried everything in this post and I'm having no luck at all. I thought my unit was faulty so had a replacement sent and it's doing the exact same thing as before. I'm also getting the 'Push2Displayprocess.exe has stopped working' error a lot. I'm in the process of writing an 'essay' to Ableton support outlining my issues plus all the things I've tried.

This is beyond frustrationg.

Spec: Windows 7, 32bit, Core2Duo, 4GB Ram
Former MPC & Maschine User.

jsn

Post by jsn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 pm

4T wrote:Tried everything in this post and I'm having no luck at all. I thought my unit was faulty so had a replacement sent and it's doing the exact same thing as before. I'm also getting the 'Push2Displayprocess.exe has stopped working' error a lot. I'm in the process of writing an 'essay' to Ableton support outlining my issues plus all the things I've tried.

This is beyond frustrationg.

Spec: Windows 7, 32bit, Core2Duo, 4GB Ram
Hi there,

I feel you. I experienced nearly the exact same issues because I have nearly the same spec as you for system, however I was attempting to plug the unit to USB 3 port and that does not work with this setup. In the end I was able to get it running using my USB 2 port. So check that first.

Edit: ANd if that only gets it working on occasion then also reset your Live preferences so the PUSH will be re-recognized as a control surface by Live.

thatnerdbrian

Post by thatnerdbrian » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Tarekith wrote:Open Audio MIDI Settings on OSX, and see if there's two Push controllers listed there. If so, delete them, unplug Push 2, reboot computer, try again.
This worked for me!!! WORD

OSX 10.10.5

BeatsByWest

Post by BeatsByWest » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:17 am

Happen to me too. USB wasn't in all the way.