Push 2 can't make Red LEDS or Screen? Anyone else?

Discuss Push with other users.
elgrayso

Push 2 can't make Red LEDS or Screen? Anyone else?

Post by elgrayso » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:00 am

Normally the Push 2 reflects the color of the selected track. But when coloring a track red, Push 2 can't make the screen or pads look red; they just look Orange. Unfortunately for me my workflow has always been orange tracks as default and red tracks as drums (so personally, it would be helpful for the pads to differentiate between the two!).

Anyone else unable to create red tracks on the Push 2?

ObtuseMoose

Re: Push 2 can't make Red LEDS or Screen? Anyone else?

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:46 pm

elgrayso wrote:But when coloring a track red, Push 2 can't make the screen or pads look red; they just look Orange.
Yeah, I speculate that Push doesn't show pure red because Live uses that color to indicate the active pads when recording. I guess they figure it could get confusing during recording.

Unfortunately (for you, at least), there are 4 reddish track colors that look the identical shade of orange on Push2. There are also 2 greenish colors that look identical and not quite the same as the track, I assume for the same reason (i.e. they use pure green to indicate active notes on playback.)

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:59 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I mainly just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone on this! Maybe I'll change my drum color, but it's been red for years! 8O

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:04 pm

You should be colourblind like me then it makes not a lick of a difference.