Dynamic MIDI for each note...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
CrucifixionMachine

Dynamic MIDI for each note...

Post by CrucifixionMachine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 pm

I was thinking like how the clips have a way of changing MIDI values over time, make it such that each MIDI note has the same feature. Make each note more dynamic so that for the duration of the note, one can change MIDI values dynamically within the confines of the current MIDI values of the clip at that point in time.

Angstrom

Re: Dynamic MIDI for each note...

Post by Angstrom » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

That's known as Per Note Automation or Note Expression. it's available in Bitwig, Reaper, FL Studio, Cubase ("note expression"), Logic, etc.

it's also part of the proposed MPE standard drafted by a lot of big names such as Apple, Steinberg, etc. but Ableton don't seem too interested in it so far. I've even seem users implying it's a "niche" concept. Weird.

CrucifixionMachine

Post by CrucifixionMachine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Well, Ableton needs "per note automation"! Fo Sho!

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Angstrom wrote:That's known as Per Note Automation or Note Expression. it's available in Bitwig, Reaper, FL Studio, Cubase ("note expression"), Logic, etc.

it's also part of the proposed MPE standard drafted by a lot of big names such as Apple, Steinberg, etc. but Ableton don't seem too interested in it so far. I've even seem users implying it's a "niche" concept. Weird.
Wow, i am discovering this after seeing this in Max 7.2 features.
Sorry to be off topic, but this would be amazing for microtonal stuff, isn't it ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:19 pm

chapelier fou wrote:Sorry to be off topic, but this would be amazing for microtonal stuff, isn't it ?
Indeed! And stuff like having each note of a chord glide over time to reach new pitches forming a new chord.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Per Boysen wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:Sorry to be off topic, but this would be amazing for microtonal stuff, isn't it ?
Indeed! And stuff like having each note of a chord glide over time to reach new pitches forming a new chord.
Something i've been wanting to make for a long time !
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1