NI Komplete Crossgrade.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamoni9

NI Komplete Crossgrade.

Post by jamoni9 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:40 am

Hi. Very new to this forum and very new to forums in general.

A little about me. Been Djing for 4 years in the House and Garage genre. Took first steps towards production a year sgo, making edits and overall learning the interface and its library. Now making projects of my own. I do less programming on drums ect, more tweaking and layering.

My thinkig is: NI has its crossgrade sale on, which makes Komplete10/U more affordable. Problem is, it comes with Maschine - which I know nothing about and have no desire for as I want to integrate Komplete with Live.

Is it possible to buy the crossgrade, use only Komplete with Live and not delve into Maschine? Is this wise, or are there any suggestions on my next step. Thanks a lot.

Liam

Re: NI Komplete Crossgrade.

Post by Liam » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:10 pm

You could ignore the Maschine software in Komplete 10 I suppose if you wanted to do that. Just do not install it.

But it is rather awesome if you do have the hardware. I use Maschine version 1 hardware with version 2 software.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Maschine is not included in Komplete
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:18 pm

The cross grade comes with Maschine? Like the hardware?

BTW - Komplete 10 is GREAT. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 pm

I believe he is saying you need to buy Maschine to get the Komplete discount. I think it is also available with their keyboards though so that might be a better option.

Maschine is great. Just don’t try to use it in a DAW unless you love confusing routing, resulting limitations, and pulling your hair out.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:39 pm

beats me wrote:
Maschine is great. Just don’t try to use it in a DAW unless you love confusing routing, resulting limitations, and pulling your hair out.
Sidetrack: What about using Maschine as a controller interface for Softube Heartbeat? I don't think I'm interested in the sequencer in Maschine at all, except maybe for Performances. Just the possibility of dedicated hands-on control beyond what Push can offer.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

beats me wrote:I believe he is saying you need to buy Maschine to get the Komplete discount. I think it is also available with their keyboards though so that might be a better option.

That is correct. I bought the Komplete K49 keyboard in December and that allows you to opt for the Crossgrade promotion.

I just bought it this weekend. Went for the regular Komplete 10 crossgrade promotion, which is basically the same price as for example FM8 standalone. So really good deal!

Then later this year when they release Komplete 11 (which no doubt is going to come), it will be more affordable for me to make the upgrade to Komplete Ultimate. :)

PS. Komplete 10 comes with Komplete Kontrol software (which you can use as VST plugin inside Ableton) and not the Maschine software!
Maschine software only comes with the Maschine hardware.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:21 pm

jamoni9 wrote:Hi. Very new to this forum and very new to forums in general.

A little about me. Been Djing for 4 years in the House and Garage genre. Took first steps towards production a year sgo, making edits and overall learning the interface and its library. Now making projects of my own. I do less programming on drums ect, more tweaking and layering.

My thinkig is: NI has its crossgrade sale on, which makes Komplete10/U more affordable. Problem is, it comes with Maschine - which I know nothing about and have no desire for as I want to integrate Komplete with Live.

Is it possible to buy the crossgrade, use only Komplete with Live and not delve into Maschine? Is this wise, or are there any suggestions on my next step. Thanks a lot.

Komplete is a separate product from Maschine, but both are good programs and are independent of each other.

So you could install only the software you need to use in Live.

Komplete 10 Ultimate is great. It has great sample libraries and surprisingly great VST effect plug-ins as well.

Also Maschine has a nice sample library as well and even if you don't plan on using the Maschine software standalone or even as a VST in Live, it makes a great controller for Ableton Live.

login

Post by login » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Apart from Maschine and the Kontrol S keyboards, Some instruments: Kontakt 2-5, Reaktor 2-5 and I believe Guitar Rig can also be crossgraded to Komplete or Ultimate.

Reaktor can be found second hand here or at kvraudio.com market place for around 100 USD.