Third party gate with side-chaining?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Third party gate with side-chaining?

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm not completely satisfied with the Live 9 Gate, even if it's pretty good. Anyone can suggest a third party gate with side-chaining that actually works in Live? Could also be a multi-effect with inherent and versatile gating. Preferably on sale this weekend. :P

I already own these that I feel are not versatile enough as gates in Live, even if they are great tools otherwise:
  • Waves C1 Compressor/Expander/Gate
  • Native Instrument Solid Dynamics
Make some music!

mothergarage

Re: Third party gate with side-chaining?

Post by mothergarage » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:11 pm

G8 might be an option. And is on sale :D
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:45 pm

mothergarage wrote:G8 might be an option. And is on sale :D
Yes! I've downloaded the demo. Thanks!
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
mothergarage wrote:G8 might be an option. And is on sale :D
Yes! I've downloaded the demo. Thanks!
I didn't get it until recently, but picked it up during a second sale. G8 is a great gate and uses very little CPU, at least so far. I don't need it yet, but as soon as I do I'll get into it.
Make some music!

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 am

Make sure to also check out FabFilter Pro-G. It's definitely one of the best gate plugins out there. I can't live without it. There's a demo so try it out.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWs and plugins.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:35 pm

LFO8 wrote:using the sidechain input of 3rd party plugins in Ableton Live is a real pain in the ass.
Yes, I know, but as long as I have an input this is not a problem for me as I've learned how to do this.

For now, I'm satisfied with G8. I'm sure other can appreciate your suggestions and I appreciate your input.

Personally, I've decided that the Fabfilter series isn't for me. I acknowledge and appreciate the quality and all, but for the sound I'm after I've found other tools that suit me better right now. I'll probably re-evaluate this at some point.

I'm slowly getting a larger interest in Izotope products as I'm exposed to some of their products via one of my collaborators, like Stutter Edit. I doubt I'll be getting Ozone, as I leave mastering to those that have mastered this process and for mixing I have a full toolbox currently. I'll keep updating myself on their products though. The most likely Izotope product to get for me is Trash 2, but currently I don't need this.
Make some music!