New Simpler Slice Mode with Scales

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thronechild

New Simpler Slice Mode with Scales

Post by thronechild » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:19 am

I was thinking about the new simpler and was trying to figure out how the slice mode might allow me to sample multiple instruments playing a scale, then slice up the notes and have a live show low resource intensive version of my studio instrument creation.

However, simpler slice mode doesnt have scale access, is there another way to get this done to allow me to use push scale functionality?

doghouse

Re: New Simpler Slice Mode with Scales

Post by doghouse » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:12 pm

thronechild wrote:is there another way to get this done to allow me to use push scale functionality?
Using Sampler instead...I assume you don't have it?

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 am

bump

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:52 am

I think in this case, you'd have to play the scale you want on your instrument, and slice it.

Won't be able to 'change' scales, but you might be able to add an overall transpose or something.

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:04 am

Scales are describing the notes in a row for given root note / mode, it makes no sense to use it for slicing. You can use the midi pitch plugin to transpose the whole Simpler setting to the octave root you need. If you need all sounds of one track in one Simpler, just record all sounds/chords into one audio file and slice it. Now you will have access to all single slices for each sound along your keyboard/push buttons. Make fine seeting for each slice to fit your needs (adjust startpoint, volume etc.). This is a bit oldschool sampling practice but works fine and you dont have to mess around with a bunch of single files. Very handy for live use.
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

thronechild

Post by thronechild » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:15 am

doghouse wrote:
thronechild wrote:is there another way to get this done to allow me to use push scale functionality?
Using Sampler instead...I assume you don't have it?
Yes I do actually have it and blanked on even thinking to try it. Generally a guitar player and drum machine user, now I am excited to get to know Sampler more. It does exactly what I was trying to do, now to figure out the templates. Thanks!