Push 2 screen goes blank when browsing Audio Unit plugins...

Discuss Push with other users.
fishmonkey

Re: Push 2 screen goes blank when browsing Audio Unit plugins...

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:38 pm

apparently the Abes have figured out that the issue is caused when multiple plug-ins expose the same internal name to Live, so a fix is in the works...

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Just tried that fix in 9.6b4. Still crashes mine when browsing AU's... except now it goes blank as per usual BUT it restarts the Push with the splash screen. I used to have to do that myself!

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:14 pm

what gives? surely it can't be that hard to detect identical names and handle them without crashing!

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:04 am

Anybody who's having the screen crash in 9.6 having any luck with the beta versions fixing it?

Curious because I'm thinking about joining the beta group, since my display still crashes every single time it hits that plugins folder. I guess reinstalling Windows might fix it.... ugh. When I think about reinstalling all of my plugins, though, I don't wanna. ._.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:05 am

outofgas wrote:Anybody who's having the screen crash in 9.6 having any luck with the beta versions fixing it?

Curious because I'm thinking about joining the beta group, since my display still crashes every single time it hits that plugins folder. I guess reinstalling Windows might fix it.... ugh. When I think about reinstalling all of my plugins, though, I don't wanna. ._.

Nope. Latest beta and I still can't browse.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 am

outofgas wrote:I guess reinstalling Windows might fix it.... ugh. When I think about reinstalling all of my plugins, though, I don't wanna. ._.
if you install all the same plugins then then presumably the problem will still occur...

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:50 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
outofgas wrote:I guess reinstalling Windows might fix it.... ugh. When I think about reinstalling all of my plugins, though, I don't wanna. ._.
if you install all the same plugins then then presumably the problem will still occur...
Yeah, but if I install them one at a time, then check the Push, I might be able to find the troublemaker. If it's just some random VST, then I'm okay with not using it.

Not that I really want to do this, but I feel like if Ableton can't solve this problem, that's probably going to be the only way I can solve it.

Shanesplanet

Post by Shanesplanet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:27 pm

I have found that it is NOT any one single vst. I feared it was something with the comms between the computer video drivers and the way the push2 communicates with them. Money better spent by having push ONE (2 of them) and money leftover. Im still not sad that my new push2 was only in the studio for 3 weeks. Now i have a spare push one and money leftover... Best of luck with push 2, but i was sorely dissapointed. I guess having 1.5 computer screens isnt worth the hasssle, just get used to using the computer monitor we all KNOW you have to have on anyhow.

beshake126

Post by beshake126 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:03 pm

So, are you experiencing issues using Push 2 with Live 9.5 as well? I'm seriously considering getting a Push within the next 2 weeks. I had an interest in getting Push 2, but the price tag is too high and I'm seeing far too many glitches being reported. Which leaves me to consider getting the Push 1 instead. Does anyone have any issues with using the Push 1 and Live 9.5/9.6? Also, does anyone have a Push 1 with a Maschine + Komplete Kontrol keyboard in your workflow and how is the intergration between the 3? I have a Maschine and Komplete Kontrol S49 and just want to make sure there isn't any issues. Although I've seen several issues reported with Push 2 and Komplete Kontrol. Any feedback anyone has before I buy a Push 1 will be appreciated.

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:26 pm

YES! The 9.6.1 update + firmware update fixed the problem on my Win7 box!

I should probably still reinstall Windows at some point, but not today.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Mine still crashes the display with 9.6.1 when browsing AU's. Sigh.

Still can't load a 3rd party device from Push 2.

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Aw man, I'm very sorry to hear that. I know your frustration very well. I hope they can get a fix out for the AU bug soon as well.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Not a big deal at all for me personally. Any type of browsing is by far the slowest thing with P2, and I never use it. It's just so much quicker to use a mouse and scroll wheel.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 pm

timothyallan wrote:Mine still crashes the display with 9.6.1 when browsing AU's. Sigh.
same here. now it causes a Push2DisplayProcess crash each time. at least now it recovers without having to reboot the Push...

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:03 pm

it looks like the source of the crash with AU plugin browsing has finally been tracked down.

AU plugins store manufacturer info that Live uses to automatically sort them into folders in the browser. the Push 2 display code bugs out if plugins from the same manufacturer have different folder names.

in my case, i have some DDMF plugins installed, and they sort into two different folders in the Live browser, 'DDMF' and 'Ddmf'...