Finding lost ableton 9 session

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
onewerd

Finding lost ableton 9 session

Post by onewerd » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:15 am

Soooo.....I created an instrumental in Live a while back, and am hoping to go back and bounce out some stems. Unfortunately, I can't find it, and can't remember what I originally named it (worried I may have deleted it).

Is it possible to locate an original session using the .asd files created by samples used in a session? Do they contain any tagging data that could be used to locate sessions that that sample/ audio file has been used in? Any other suggestions for how to locate a lost session? Thanks!

Tarekith

Re: Finding lost ableton 9 session

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:19 am

If you know where the ASDs are then you should be able to find the project, since ASDs are stored in the project folder.

onewerd

Post by onewerd » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 am

Unfortunately, not....it looks like the .asd's are stored in the original folder the sample was stored in. I don't think I used the collect all and save function, so they were never directly incorporated into the session

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:45 pm

If you saw the name, would you recognize it? If so, you could search your hard drive for all .als files and see if any of them trigger your memory. If you remember approximately when you recorded the session, you could look at the .als file creation and/or modification dates to narrow it down.

--
Moose

P.S. I'm on a Mac and Live sets are stored in files with the .als extension. I assume the same is true on Windows, but I don't know for sure.
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"