My Push 2 screen switches seem inconsistent. Is this normal?

Discuss Push with other users.
Warrior Bob

My Push 2 screen switches seem inconsistent. Is this normal?

Post by Warrior Bob » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 pm

I've recently gotten a shiny new Push 2 through the trade-in program. It works great.

However, I notice that the switches surrounding the screen (and some of the interface buttons) seem to be assembled inconsistently. Some of them have a nice easy push and a solid mechanical "click." But others, especially the ones near the middle of the screen, have to be pushed quite a bit more deliberately and have less of a "click" and more of a "bump", probably because they have to be pushed further through the rubber.

I think what's happened is that the circuitboard they're mounted to isn't entirely flat. It certainly works fine - all the features are there, and the pad grid appears to work very well - but that sort of mechanical inconsistency seems out of place with a device as otherwise premium-built as the Push 2.

Have other Push 2 owners noticed this? Is this fairly common or is there a chance there's something wrong with my unit?

4T

Re: My Push 2 screen switches seem inconsistent. Is this normal?

Post by 4T » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:40 pm

I've noticed this aswell, the buttons are inconsistent in feel but as you say do work.

I've watched Push 2 vids on youtube and noticed that when demonstrated, some buttons have audible clicks when pressed where as on mine the same buttons are almost silent when pressed.

I doubt somethings wrong with the units if the buttons work but for peace of mind, I'm guessing you could request an exchange from the store you purchased it from & try another.
Former MPC & Maschine User.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:53 am

Nothing wrong with your unit.
Ableton Forum Moderator

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:20 am

we're human. nothing we do is perfect

but that screen is a thing of beauty. lol

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:34 am

Sorry to take a while to respond!
sowhoso wrote:but that screen is a thing of beauty
I agree, and the pad grid feels wonderful, and the whole UI layout is just really nice. I really have to commend the design team; I really like what they came up with.
[jur] wrote:Nothing wrong with your unit.
Is this the sort of thing you see fairly regularly? It seems awfully far off considering how precisely everything else is put together.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:25 am

The buttons usually aren't completely consistent but it's not an issue.
If you feel like it's really a problem on your unit I encourage you to return it back to the store, or to contact support@ableton.com if you bought it here.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Cool, thank you [jur], I appreciate the help and perspective! I'll see if it causes me any real-world issue as I use them more (lately I've mainly been working with the pads).