Using multiple Push controllers

Discuss Push with other users.
Shanesplanet

Re: Using multiple Push controllers

Post by Shanesplanet » Wed May 04, 2016 2:23 am

Learned a while back that when using 2 push's, its just easier to leave one with pxt scripting and the other controlled by ableton scripts. They can BOTH be used in basic ableton scripting mode, but as stated, focus limitation apply. I tinkered with multi instances of clyphx, but with Boome midi translator in the mix, i just decided to use only ONE instance. As it is, i have one push that does everything it would normally do, and the other swaps back and forth into PXT. I hate locking to devices, so i cant say much about how it would work, tho i assume locking would do exactly as it states. Its nice having green vu meters on the 2nd push for monitoring, while playing the 1st push. Anyhow, I had a push 2 for 45 days (hin hint) and returned it for a spare push 1, a decksaver cover, a guitar and some beer money. I think i even paid stray for pxt general and had $$ left. If all else fails, i can keep the second push for emergencies cuz we know how shit goes...

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sat May 07, 2016 12:47 pm

windows
anybody tried to have a push2 in instance 1
and a push1 in instance 2 (beta-install/seperate midi-preference )?

just asking..
Last edited by Tagor on Sat May 07, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat May 07, 2016 12:50 pm

irrelevance wrote:Well there is now novation launchsync m4l now which I don't beleive was available when this thread started. This does allow split control of session mode and I've been using it for a push/apc40kmII combination but the m4l on win 7 is tempramental i.e it forgets it's settings/sometimes doesn't initialize, completely slows down push when changing between session and note mode (10 second delay after button press is normal and sometimes crashes sets. So I'm now looking into a python script solution to allow combination mode on push.
Just to confirm it's M4L that's temperamental and not LaunchSync, we haven't had any reports of this nature so please get in touch through the website...

Cheers
D

koranek

Post by koranek » Mon May 09, 2016 3:24 am

Just tried using Isotonik Launchsync Pro XL with my Push 2 as the master and Push 1 as the slave.

So far working pretty well. One issue is that I can put the Push 1 in Session view and trigger clips while Push 2 is in Note mode playing notes on a VST on a different track. However, as soon as I launch a new clip on Push 1, the focus shifts on Push 2 to the track with the clip, not the track I was originally playing on with the VST. I then have to select the track I want to play notes on that I started with. I tried turning off mirroring and two way communication, but that didn't change anything.

I thought it would be cool to jam on one push while triggering clips with the other.
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Mon May 09, 2016 8:31 am

That's what i'm doing, you have to change the "Select on launch" behavior in the preferences. It works well but if you select device/track/clip mode for the encoders, it still steals the focus. I'm only using the volume & Sends mode.

koranek

Post by koranek » Mon May 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Ubik, thanks, that did the trick.
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet

InLight-Tone

Post by InLight-Tone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:27 pm

For those with multiple Push units I have a question. If both are set to note mode, can you transpose one independently from the other if you're playing an instrument like a piano?

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 am

Yes !