PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Precisionguided

Re: PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Post by Precisionguided » Sun May 08, 2016 2:22 am

Just purchased it. This is what I've been missing! The ability to rename banks is huge. Having 128 parameters to control when they're all arranged by bank names as useless as "bank 1", "bank 2" etc., detracts from the ability of the push 2 to be used as a controller for 3rd party vsts.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri May 27, 2016 7:49 pm

The next version of PrEditor is being released next week...

In it Lee has added:

1, The ability to re-order banks and copy and paste them
2, Map the hidden parameters in MaxforLive devices and name the banks (rather than being limited to the first eight named Bank ONE)
3, Compatibility with MultiMap instruments like Native Instruments Reaktor and Kontact...

There's a full walkthrough below ahead of next weeks release...

https://vimeo.com/168333804

Cheers
D

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri May 27, 2016 9:51 pm

S4racen wrote:The next version of PrEditor is being released next week...

In it Lee has added:

1, The ability to re-order banks and copy and paste them
2, Map the hidden parameters in MaxforLive devices and name the banks (rather than being limited to the first eight named Bank ONE)
3, Compatibility with MultiMap instruments like Native Instruments Reaktor and Kontact...
Full compatibility for both Pushes?
Make some music!

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Would love to have this work with my vsts but it doesnt seem to recognise my vsts or m4ls when i click in them
Do i have change the dropdown menu to vst also in order to get custom mapping, i have tried but this doesnt work.

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi, can you fill in a support form over at the website please and provide the required details and I'll take a look.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue May 31, 2016 1:59 pm

Already done. :)

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Tue May 31, 2016 2:21 pm

can't see anything recent... what name?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue May 31, 2016 9:31 pm

If someone can explain how to go about mapping a vst /m4l that would be very helpful. I'm finding the manual vague and confusing. :oops:

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Tue May 31, 2016 10:21 pm

hi. i replied to your support message. please lets deal with this there. there is nothing really to do to map them so I'm guessing there is some other kind of issue.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 pm

I watched the video which explained quite a bit and i'm interested to see how this works.

Just a few questions though:

The way this works is intercepts the available plugin parameters and creates a mask before delivering to Push allowing the names to be swapped out and elements to be reordered?

For a VST when you show how to access more than 128 parameters you show a new mask being created because the configure map is different. Does this mean the masks created are based off the plugin ID + configured controls? This would then also mean you must have the plugin configure map the same for any project for this to be used?

If you have instrument racks (such as for browsing VSTs via Push) that all contain the same plugin map could you create a mask that will automatically work when you load a plugin or do you have to load a plugin then manually update it from the program

Lastly, this needs to be running for it to work obviously, does it mask things automatically when loaded if you have created maps and if you do not have it running does Push simply default to the way the controls are already configured?

Sorry for the questions, it's exactly what i'd love to have but I have so many bits of software hanging off the edge of Live to do the things I want any more requiring attention start getting in the way. This is something that should be within Live already by now :(

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:35 am

Hey!

I can answer some of those...

There are no masks being created it's editing the remote scripts that we provide, as such once the PrEditor has configured them it no longer needs to be running....

You create the mapping the first time you load the plug in, then when it's browsed from the Push that mapping is recalled...

Cheers
D

koranek

Post by koranek » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:00 pm

So if I map a Reaktor instrument like Rounds it will be able to keep this mapping if I change presets in Rounds? And also work if I have multiple instances in Rounds?

If so, this is pretty amazing.
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:15 pm

It maps unique parameter layouts, so probably not completely, as whilst different Rounds presets have different layouts, they are not entirely unique...

However, if you custom map each preset to a different custom layout then these can be individually mapped in PrEditor

There is, unfortunately, no way to obtain the preset name...

koranek

Post by koranek » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks. I think it's the difference between parameters and macros that have the parameters assigned to the macros. I think I'll have to try this when it's released to figure out what I'm trying to say.
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet