Renaming parameter banks

Discuss Push with other users.
cohamill

Re: Renaming parameter banks

Post by cohamill » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Unrelated noob question...
tedlogan wrote: So just OSC1 - 4 would take up 50% of the banks, not even having started on the four FMOs, the 4 LFOs etc.
What is an FMO? I've never heard of such a creature.

Also, nearly three years later and parameter naming has still not been implemented to my knowledge. For shame :_(

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:58 pm

cohamill wrote:Also, nearly three years later and parameter naming has still not been implemented to my knowledge. For shame :_(
But yet have moved on to make another model and have basically abandoned Push 1. It effing reminds me of why I don't buy hardware from software developers. This has happened every time. They never, ever finish what they've started. This is not just Ableton either.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWs and plugins.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:35 pm

cohamill wrote:Unrelated noob question...
tedlogan wrote: So just OSC1 - 4 would take up 50% of the banks, not even having started on the four FMOs, the 4 LFOs etc.
What is an FMO? I've never heard of such a creature.

Also, nearly three years later and parameter/bank naming has still not been implemented to my knowledge. For shame :_(
It is a Frequency Modulation Oscillator in Zebra. Randomly place it in the 4 lanes beneath other modules and see what happens! This is one of the great strengths of Zebra's sound design - being able to quickly move modules around on the grid for very quick sound design exploration. Or use it for specific intentional FM synthesis. I digress as usual from the topic at hand.

Parameter naming - yes - I wish they'd inform us why they have not implemented it yet. We know it can be done. I am guessing it introduces instability at this point in time. But it should definitely be looked at.

Orbit-50 wrote:
cohamill wrote:Also, nearly three years later and parameter naming has still not been implemented to my knowledge. For shame :_(
But yet have moved on to make another model and have basically abandoned Push 1. It effing reminds me of why I don't buy hardware from software developers. This has happened every time. They never, ever finish what they've started. This is not just Ableton either.
Push 1 was around for almost three years before Push 2 arrived. It's not reasonable to expect a company to produce one model and stick with that forever, restricting possibilities and so on.

I agree Push 1 was lacking in some aspects, but I still think I got my money's worth from it during that time. I actually miss mine..good ol nostalgia.

But Push 1 has been and still is being updated. The default parameter banks are much better organised, for example.

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:40 pm

tedlogan wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:But yet have moved on to make another model and have basically abandoned Push 1. It effing reminds me of why I don't buy hardware from software developers. This has happened every time. They never, ever finish what they've started. This is not just Ableton either.
Push 1 was around for almost three years before Push 2 arrived. It's not reasonable to expect a company to produce one model and stick with that forever, restricting possibilities and so on.

I agree Push 1 was lacking in some aspects, but I still think I got my money's worth from it during that time. I actually miss mine..good ol nostalgia.

But Push 1 has been and still is being updated. The default parameter banks are much better organised, for example.
Understood, but they did nothing to improve 3rd party parameter management support. That's my biggest beef. They could have done this easily had they taken the time. Mine is nothing more than a big giant paper weight because of this.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

cohamill

Post by cohamill » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:29 am

I agree, they could at least provide an explanation. But then again, we've been asking for more than 8 macros for how many years...?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:30 am

Yeah, I agree that is a large omission. I'd love to see it.

Dchild

Post by Dchild » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 am

Check out preditor from isotonik.

http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/

Or Ubermap

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:50 am

Dchild wrote:Check out preditor from isotonik.
Or Ubermap
Unfortunately Ubermap was not able to solve all the problems with Push, but I will check out Preditor. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I did not know about this software.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:18 am

PrEditor certainly does everything you've asked for so far, in summary...

- Build up your parameters in banks
- Customise the name of your banks for display on the Push ONE & TWO screen
- Customise the naming of each parameter for display on the Push ONE & TWO screen, great for VST’s that aren’t developed with the Push display in mind or MaxforLive devices that would only display Bank 1, Bank 2 etc.
- Create up to 64 banks for each mapping
- Re-Arrange, re-order, copy and paste banks
- Have blank spaces
- Map a parameter multiple times across different banks
- Access all of the hidden parameters of Live’s devices that were previously only available to Push ONE & TWO (awesome when using one of our custom Control Surface Scripts!)
- Unlock the access to all of the parameters in a MaxforLive device!
- Create maps for MultiMap VST/AU devices like Native Instruments Reaktor & Kontact and Diva

Cheers
D

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

S4racen wrote:PrEditor certainly does everything you've asked for so far, in summary...

- Build up your parameters in banks
- Customise the name of your banks for display on the Push ONE & TWO screen
- Customise the naming of each parameter for display on the Push ONE & TWO screen, great for VST’s that aren’t developed with the Push display in mind or MaxforLive devices that would only display Bank 1, Bank 2 etc.
- Create up to 64 banks for each mapping
- Re-Arrange, re-order, copy and paste banks
- Have blank spaces
- Map a parameter multiple times across different banks
- Access all of the hidden parameters of Live’s devices that were previously only available to Push ONE & TWO (awesome when using one of our custom Control Surface Scripts!)
- Unlock the access to all of the parameters in a MaxforLive device!
- Create maps for MultiMap VST/AU devices like Native Instruments Reaktor & Kontact and Diva

Cheers
D
How did I miss this? Looks great - think I might just purchase it.

cheers

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 pm

I've seen the plans for the next few releases, and it's quite exciting, I can't say anymore as they'll take a while to come to fruition but each new release has seen the price rise so better to get in sooner rather than later...

Cheers
D

cohamill

Post by cohamill » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 pm

S4racen wrote:PrEditor certainly does everything you've asked for so far, in summary...
Yes this does sound very promising, definitely gonna look into it. Two questions:

1) Does it work with any plugin, i.e., u-he's Bazille?

2) Can you save and recall custom bank names/mappings, or do you have to redo everything with each new instance of a plugin?

And kudos for the awesome name PrEditor!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm

We've adde support for Diva with the last release, i'm not familiar with Bazille however...

Once you've created a mapping it's saved to the controller script, you can save these as presets...

Cheers
D

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:08 pm

cohamill wrote:
Yes this does sound very promising, definitely gonna look into it. Two questions:

1) Does it work with any plugin, i.e., u-he's Bazille?
Hi. Pretty much so... If the device has less than 128 parameters then everything is automatic.

If more than 128 then I'm enabling stuff by hand at the moment so I can check everything is working as expected - this will be user configurable in the future, but for now just send a request to have something enabled and I'll take a look.

cohamill

Post by cohamill » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Request for Bazille submitted on your website, take a look. Thanks!