KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 TEASING

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chauvin

KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 TEASING

Post by chauvin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:14 pm

fake or not ?

© theMTC

beats me

Re: KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 TEASING

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, doesn’t take a genius to figure out it will be released eventually (is long past due) and Ultimate will include all the non-ensemble products and libraries released since 10 and probably some well past their peak sales heavocity libraries. That picture wouldn’t be hard to make.

Google shows nothing currently except for a torrent that is probably fake/mislabeled.

chauvin

Post by chauvin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:28 pm

It's seems credible... if you looks the picture, you'll see some change in "orchestral serie " GUI, maybe for a lighter version + mysterious blue and pink GUI synth or sa(i)mpler... the graphics design is not so far from NI products. If it's a fake: it's very good one ;)
© theMTC

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Interesting on the ensemble/orchestral graphics. NI said they are never going to include those in Komplete but they are also way overpriced. Maybe enough time has passed and sales has determined that “never” wasn’t a good idea. Watered down versions in Komplete with a decent discount on a full version upgrade might be tempting.

Still probably won’t upgrade until they offer some kind of discount sale, their usual 50% off would be nice but who knows.

chauvin

Post by chauvin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Waiting for the next .. for sure !
Mysteries about Kontakt 6 ...
© theMTC

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:02 pm

An update to Massive is long overdue to. I’d argue part of Serum’s popularity is because it’s like Massive but simplified and yet with more features too.

Side baring here, but Serum recently went from 4 possible LFO’s to 8 LFO’s but you wouldn’t know it the way they designed it. Still looks exactly the same and the 5 – 8 LFO tabs don’t become visible until you use the first 4. Brilliant. Most developers would try to cram the 8 LFO tabs on the main interface whether you need them or not.

chauvin

Post by chauvin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 am

+1 for Serum ! Excellent wavetable synth
© theMTC

Double A to the Ron

Post by Double A to the Ron » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Come on thanksgiving sale,,

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Yeah, I'm curious to see what their next move will be with Komplete. As for Massive, it is still my go-to for most of my synth needs, because it's so versatile. I would say that if there's one thing it needs, and this goes for almost all of NI's plugs, it's a scalable interface. The GUI is ridiculously tiny on modern displays. As a side note, I've hooked up my old monitor as a secondary display in portrait mode, and Massive fits perfectly, and looks a lot larger. :D In fact, I'm going to use that monitor to drop all VSTs on, so that I don't have to open and close their GUIs all the time.

chauvin

Post by chauvin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:28 am

Yep ! A goodwork on their GUI display will be welcome !
There only one plug with a retina display ready GUI is Replika XT
The old N.I plugs looks cheesy today on a new screen or computer...
© theMTC

L.roachy

Post by L.roachy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Oh goody another 200+ gigs of multisampled electric kazoos, circuit bent washboard banjos, and the coveted vintage neon green plastic recorder!

Guess I'll get excited when their cyber monday sale comes around.

:lol:

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Aaaand there it is:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -ultimate/.

Looks like it's got just enough for me to upgrade to K11U ... if they do their usual Summer of Sound down the road... 8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Given the late release date I wouldn’t expect a discount before the holidays. Don’t know if this would be a “smart” move but possibly beyond the holidays because people will have Christmas money to spend. I say that may not be smart because I’m sure they would prefer as many users as possible pay the full upgrade price.

Just kind of skimmed what is in Ultimate and as usual at least 2 included products make the (usual) discounted $200 upgrade price worth it.

Looks like the only difference between the full and ultimate versions of the symphony ensembles is “streamlined set of articulations”. That’s fine by me. Probably wouldn’t use most of them anyway.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:29 pm

I was thinking the same thing re: new products. I don't see anything that I'd want to buy on its own, but add them up and take into consideration how quickly it becomes a no-brainer if you are en existing KU owner, it will happen. I'm just not in a hurry. Una Chorda and Emotive Strings are probably the two products I'd be most interested in trying out, but I can wait until they throw a sale at me. I bought some NI products separately before jumping on the Komplete train, and aside from Massive, they all went 'meh' relatively quickly.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 pm

For me its Una Chorda, Emotive Strings, Session Guitarist – Strummed Acoustic, Reaktor 6, Symphony Ensembles, and Discovery Series India. Easily worth a discounted upgrade.

KU is a great place to be once you get there. It’s like the five star global timeshare of digital instruments. :)