Annoying Browser Problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
square7

Annoying Browser Problem

Post by square7 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:10 am

So this is a problem I keep running into with Live 9's browser. Maybe I never noticed it before or I'm doing something wrong hopefully.

Basically say I want to search for "leads" in my sample banks.
Ok found one now I want to add this compressor but maybe come back to this folder after.
So now when I go to the Audio Effects or Plugins tabs "leads" is still in the search bar at the top, thus hiding all my devices I need.
That's stupid, obviously I don't have any plugins, devices, instruments or anything else named "leads".
So now I have to clear the search bar just to see my devices and now when I want to go back to the samples tab I have to type in "leads" again and then scroll down just to get back to where I was.
All because I wanted to add a plugin or anything else

Does this make sense? Anyone else experience this? It never used to be this way and its very counterintuitive.
If I want to search for something in one section of the browser such as samples, it shouldn't affect EVERYTHING else in the browser as well. It should only be on that specific tab. Very annoying

Is there any way to fix this? I can't see any reason this would be good for. Maybe Push i guess but really I don't see how this helps in anyway.

TenSquare

Re: Annoying Browser Problem

Post by TenSquare » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 am

Completly agree with you, I found this thing very annoying too!
Hope it will be fixed soon.

Onanism

Re: Annoying Browser Problem

Post by Onanism » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:39 am

This is the biggest issue with Live for me! Saved searches, tabs or search terms remembered at locations needs to be implemented.
The old browser with the tabs should have been expanded on to facilitate this function.
At least you could have separate folders open.
At this rate, the work flow is slow.
Come on Abe's, get on to it!!
------------------------------------------------
IMAGINATION IS WORTH MORE THAN KNOWLEDGE
------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/thekrakafaktri