does anyone have a workflow for.. this?

Discuss Push with other users.
db120

does anyone have a workflow for.. this?

Post by db120 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Say you want to have a session where you just take bits from your sample library and music collection to use in track later, what would be your workflow for doing that with Push? Loading from user file folder and then making a resampling track? I like to use finder and have something like audiohijack going to record all the bits in a specific folder. But, is there a quick workflow to do this with Push?

irrelevance

Re: does anyone have a workflow for.. this?

Post by irrelevance » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Why bother with using the OS to manage files and external software to record? Live can manage the files and record already so maybe I am not understanding your requirement. Just arm a track on push flip to session view and hit a pad to start recording your ideas. Hit the next pad to try a different idea in a different clip location. Then save the project with a sensible name for the session.

db120

Post by db120 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:59 am

Yea, I'm still getting used to Push and was overthinking it in my jet-lagged state. I set Live so that every new track opens by default to "resample" and that's cool, but I think at this point Push will be for jamming and I'll continue to mouse around for other things.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:47 am

If you're happy to use the mouse have a look at the myr sound file recorder which is part of a free pack from isotonik

http://isotonikstudios.com/myr/performance-utilities/

Allows the setting of folder location and file name as well as format and a few other things. Can be controlled from push to a degree as well. What is cool also is that it can record without the need for live's transport to be running which allows for cool things like recording tails of fx that would normally not be captured when the transport stops.

Get some sleep then get back on it! :wink:

db120

Post by db120 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:45 pm

irrelevance wrote:If you're happy to use the mouse have a look at the myr sound file recorder which is part of a free pack from isotonik

http://isotonikstudios.com/myr/performance-utilities/

Allows the setting of folder location and file name as well as format and a few other things. Can be controlled from push to a degree as well. What is cool also is that it can record without the need for live's transport to be running which allows for cool things like recording tails of fx that would normally not be captured when the transport stops.

Get some sleep then get back on it! :wink:
Nice! I knew someone had to have developed something along those lines. Cheers