Launchpad Pro and "InKey" scale mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Buleriachk

Launchpad Pro and "InKey" scale mode

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 pm

UPDATE: Oh, shit, it doesn't work for Launchpad Pro. I just realized that the Launchpad Pro is hardwired in CHROMATIC mode, so the scheme won't work. I had my Push set to "Inkey" mode; if it is put in chromatic (like the Launchpad Pro, you get repeated notes in the matrix. Maybe there is another way.. but this ain't it....

Why in the f^%$^..ing hell couldn't Novation given an "InKey" configuration as a user mode so we can use Ableton's scale and chord devices with it? This is as bad as Akai's omitting session mode in the APC Mini and APC Key 25....

==========================================================================

I just discovered that you actually get all the scales "InKey" in Launchpad Pro set to C Major by using the Scale Midi device in Live.

I just tested it with a Push set to C major. Then you can transpose it, either in the Midi scale device or with a Pitch device at the output (input to the VST)

The chord device also works right after the scale device, except it is all one type of chord for each pad. (you can't use minor chords and major chords in the same key, although there may be a way of doing this I haven't discovered yet.

This will work with any of the programs that let you set the Launchpad grid to an 8x8 matrix; set the key to C major (automatic for LPro) and then use the scale midi device.

(Maybe I'm just really stupid, but it never occurred to me - I had never tried that configuration with my Launchpad programs (J74 ISO, Launchpad95... :)

So now I'm off to get a Launchpad Pro....

ssante

Re: Launchpad Pro and "InKey" scale mode

Post by ssante » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:17 am

The firmware was updated today. We now have in-key mode. Check out Novation site.
Stephanie Sante

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:14 pm

YES! Just updated, and WOW! Thank you Novation...!!

And especially Mots and Launchpad95 who gave us a great interim solution!

daddytang

Post by daddytang » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Is there a way to do this with Push. looks like they are changing scales on the fly.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:51 pm

daddytang wrote:Is there a way to do this with Push. looks like they are changing scales on the fly.
Uh, yes, with Clyphx (just assign a scale, t/s to a clip in its name)

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:08 am

the new firmware is awesome :D :D :D
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres