Drum rack questions = send/returns

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bang ablton

Drum rack questions = send/returns

Post by bang ablton » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:33 am

Hi,

I'm trying to do two things

1) send two snares in a drum rack to a send with reverb on it and I want the resulting signal to be 100% wet reverb - at the moment I can only get it mizxed with the dry signal - how do I do this?
2) I wan't to be able to modify the reverb parameters whilst playing the snares - however, playing causes the snare to be displayed and not the reverb.

Hope someone can help!

Jbvdb

Re: Drum rack questions = send/returns

Post by Jbvdb » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:54 am

Insert the reverb directly on the snare track?

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:43 am

Create a new track. Put your reverb in it. Select your snare in this track's input menu. Monitor to ON.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

The_Subject

Post by The_Subject » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:35 pm

If you need two snares each on a different chain in the rack to the same reverb, then you need sends inside the rack.

This will send some signal to the group out and some to the reverb though, but you want 100% wet.

Two ways - either have different reverbs, and if you need to change its settings with a midi controller, then link that control to both instances of the Reverb.

If it's a bit more complicated and that's not feasible, there is another way. I ran into a similar problem a while ago. I just sent it 100% to the send in the rack and then had to mute the chains output...or maybe solo all the other chains in the rack that aren't going to the send, can remember it puzzled me at the time, but I deleted that file otherwise I'd do a screen shot.

Or, send it to another track as described above, but for the two snares to work each might need their own track, then send both of those to the reverb in the return channel/group them.