Full screen mixer option

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Matt_Quinn

Full screen mixer option

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:15 pm

I'd like to be able to make the mixer view full screen on a second monitor; the same way that you can when viewing an individual clip. I don't use Session and Arrangement together much, but I *do* use the mixer and arrangement window in conjunction a lot, and when I do, at least 40% of my second screen space is totally wasted with an empty clip grid.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

Armaan Azeem

Re: Full screen mixer option

Post by Armaan Azeem » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:14 pm

you must connect both monitors using a monitor connection cable first! then, you go to "view" and then "second screen" and drag it onto the second monitor :D

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:57 pm

You can't expand the *mixer* fully this way. Clip editor, yes. Mixer, no.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

Mark_G

Post by Mark_G » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:43 pm

I believe that mixer's GUI needs to be reworked. You gotta have actual faders, those little triangles cannot be taken seriously. It also makes sense to have channel/meters width zoom in/out functionality. As it is now, personally, can't even be bothered to do any mixing within Live, even with Push 2. It's nothing but a visual torture trying to do a complete mix in that environment. I'm sure people who use Live exclusively, probably got used to it and are fine with it. However, I'm just as sure that someone who has experience mixing in DAWs such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper...would be hard-pressed to get comfortable mixing in Live. If such an update occurs, I'd immediately switch to working in Live exclusively. For now, I'll continue using a different DAW for mixing.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 pm

I would love to see larger fader handles myself, those little triangles are definitely very small when you're in the zone trying jump track to track.

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:32 pm

maybe a detachable mixer screen would be nice,but i agree the mixer could use some love

T-Top

Post by T-Top » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:35 am

These are all great ideas and I really hope Ableton sees this. A full screen mixer would be extremely nice. Or at least to be able to drag it to the top and hide the clip views while still being able to see the plug-in strips.

enerate josh

Post by enerate josh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:03 am

Would still love to see the ability for a full screen mixer on a 2nd monitor! To see some detail in the mix.

Thanks!

Sbox

Post by Sbox » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Bump, we need a mixer view like Logic, Reaper and Studio One. At least, shortcuts to plugins used on the tracks in one overview. This could be done like a small scrollable area at a track on the right.