What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
crystalmsc

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:27 pm

beats me wrote:I have it hooked up to a solid Yamaha receiver that can handle 7 speakers but I only have 5 hooked up.
Sounds great, a long time Yamaha receiver and subwoofer fan here, 5 quality speakers are plenty for a medium sized room especially with a 12" subwoofer and above. I've been using Sony lately, because I like them better for the smaller system. But thinking to get back to Yamaha when the space is ready for a full 3 way speaker. I'm more into TV and monitor display for gaming, but would love to use a projector for movie. The technology is getting better while the price is much lower now, it's a great time to get one.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 am

Downloading the update for Mortal Kombat before I can play. 2 GB file. 45 minutes so far with an estimated 3 hours to go. But yeah, I'm sure their network is totally ready for millions of people live streaming game play. :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Tarekith wrote:I caved finally and bought Fallout4. Still haven't hit that "aha" moment that makes it feel radically better than FO3 or NV, but will definitely be keeping me busy while the wife is out of town for a couple weeks. The PipBoy app for iPad is nice too, definitely saves me time when it comes to seeing where I am on the map or checking my inventory.
As far as technology goes it's undoubtedly a more refined game than the other two Bethesda games. The shooting mechanics in particular are much more functional than they were before.

For me it's the settlement building that really blows the doors off and creates a great loot/build gameplay loop, but I get that that feature is not for everyone.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Played a little Mortal Kombat and I’m having the same issue I have with Injustice League. It’s not registering the more advanced attack combos or attacks that require a directional move and a button (or 2). Hard to notice in actual attack play because you are mostly just mashing buttons but in the training where it forces you to hit specific combos I’m doing it over and over and don’t know what I’m doing any differently when it finally actually registers. :x

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:13 pm

The only fighting game that I really like is the Playstation Battle Royale, still hoping that a sequel will happen one day. The new Tekken is interesting, but I'm more into playing funny stuff with my nephews these days. I remember really into Soul Calibur a long time ago, also Rocky and Fight Night. Looking to get back to the genre but no games ring the bell for now.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:11 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Tarekith wrote:I caved finally and bought Fallout4. Still haven't hit that "aha" moment that makes it feel radically better than FO3 or NV, but will definitely be keeping me busy while the wife is out of town for a couple weeks. The PipBoy app for iPad is nice too, definitely saves me time when it comes to seeing where I am on the map or checking my inventory.
As far as technology goes it's undoubtedly a more refined game than the other two Bethesda games. The shooting mechanics in particular are much more functional than they were before.

For me it's the settlement building that really blows the doors off and creates a great loot/build gameplay loop, but I get that that feature is not for everyone.
I just need to get out of the habit of grabbing everything I see. Yeah it's all useable, but the inventory management is sucking the life out of it for me. That's the same with all Bestheda game though I guess.

The settlement stuff is nice though, got sanctuary built up last night and it was easier an I expected to get started.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Tarekith wrote:I just need to get out of the habit of grabbing everything I see. Yeah it's all useable, but the inventory management is sucking the life out of it for me. That's the same with all Bestheda game though I guess.
Gotta sink points into Strength and the Strong Back perk for that.

Fortunately leveling in FO4 is really fast (which angered many a nerd) so it's not tough to get there.
Unsound Designer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm dumping everything ito Int at first too, so that definitely helps with levelling.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:44 pm

I thought it would be fun to play Diablo 3 on the projector but then I found out I bought it for the PS3 and Mac, but not PS4. I’m not buying that game a 3rd time. :x

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm

beats me wrote:Diablo 3
That's exactly the game that I want to play on the couch with a PS4 :mrgreen: the only reason that I'm not playing it right now is that my wife didn't pass the Lara Croft test, when she's ready I'm in.

Quez

Post by Quez » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Silent Hill Downpour & Bravely Default.
2 games i've started years ago but life wouldn't let me play them.

bentleymrx

Post by bentleymrx » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:07 pm

The dev's claim they are working on updates that would fix issues and introduce some new features so I might revisit it after that to see how it is.
After couple updates, still wishing they will add "upload all" feature on fauna, flora and waypoints. Wouldn't it be cool to have it be a mmo game. I think I have spent above 100hours just to find the Atlas Pass ver.2
Am freely experimenting and searching for my muse

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:50 am

GTA mod with the exploding Galaxy Note 7 as a weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhODn4FRoE

:lol:

bentleymrx

Post by bentleymrx » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:04 pm

bentleymrx wrote: After couple updates, still wishing they will add "upload all" feature on fauna, flora and waypoints. Wouldn't it be cool to have it be a mmo game. I think I have spent above 100hours just to find the Atlas Pass ver.2
Finally found the Atlas pass ver.2. Turns out you need to be in a planet with an extreme weather condition.
Am freely experimenting and searching for my muse

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:15 am

Bought Titan Fall 2 for $35. Took the majority of the day to download. I've complained before about the slow speed of Sony's network, but then I realized there are probably way more gamers than there are music software downloaders.

Heard the single player game is pretty good weighing in at about 6 hours. That's about the peak of my attention span. Apparently the beta didn't go well and as a result gamers aren't buying. Plenty of complaints about not enough people playing online. I find this both bizarre and understandable given the times we live in. A game can't be great on its own. Its got to be a social superiority contest. To me the single player game should be the focus and the online version should be the afterthought, not the other way around. Whatevs. Looking forward to playing.